• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My first Print/Lam/Cut

toomeycustoms

Just got a job in that will require us to laminate and would like some suggestions/tips for completing the job since it will be our first print/lam/cut job since we got the Sc-545. The job is 1000 3" x 4" decals. I will be using Oracal 3165RA and 210 lam.

We have a Roland SC-545 and a Vinyl Express Q160. We are using Versaworks and LXI Master Plus. I have read that the Roland cut quality/accuracy degrades for anything over 8 ft. Would the same be true on the Q160? Should I print 5 foot sheets, outgas, laminate and then cut? How much blank material should I leave on the leading and trail edge to ensure proper loading and cutting?

I haven't used the ARMS on the Q160, can anyone guide me through the process using LXI software. I can't find any info or tutorials on the process.

Thanks in advance!

MikePro

i usually leave a good 6" on front/back of my roll to be cut. break your file down into smaller groups of decals that only require 3-4' of tracking through the plotter during cut, to minimize your drifting.

my last print/cut project was for 300 4"x6" decals, which would have taken up approx. 18' of material if I just shot it all out at once. I just made the file to print 50 at a time, in 3 ft. lengths, and had 6 of the same print/cut file on one roll and left 6" of material extra on the front/back end of it. 18' of material became 20', but my cuts were spot-on.