• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My first printed an mounted Canvas!

VinylLabs.com

I still need practice, and the color is really off (still not used to my internal rip, or selecting the proper profile for the job) but I relally like my first print, it's of my dog nikki, when my parents saw it, they wanted one done right away too :D

Attachments

• IMG_20110311_090537.jpg
    IMG_20110311_090537.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20110311_090549.jpg
    IMG_20110311_090549.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20110311_090519.jpg
    IMG_20110311_090519.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 55
first thing we did when we got our printer last summer and some canvas......we did our little doxies! they came out great!
keep it up, the canvas prints look awesome!

VinylLabs.com

I was thinking for days what i wanted for my first canvas in my bedroom. my mom showed me a 3mp shot she took of my dog and said "how cute is that?" and right away i was like 'of course! how could i be so stupid, my dog!"

d fleming

Just the way I do it:
trim pic out and lay face down on table. Place wood strips side down on pic edges to bleed using banner tape with inside corners touching. Fold up to form box and staple corners, this will stretch and tighten print. I brace larger prints with corners of frame strip at 45 degrees on all corners.

Attachments

• gwrap1.jpg
    gwrap1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 63
  • gwrap2.jpg
    gwrap2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 49
Just the way I do it:
trim pic out and lay face down on table. Place wood strips side down on pic edges to bleed using banner tape with inside corners touching. Fold up to form box and staple corners, this will stretch and tighten print. I brace larger prints with corners of frame strip at 45 degrees on all corners.

so you cut/trim the corners and tuck them inbetween the wood? never seen that done before....

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I still need practice, and the color is really off (still not used to my internal rip, or selecting the proper profile for the job) but I relally like my first print, it's of my dog nikki, when my parents saw it, they wanted one done right away too :D

A couple of things...

You left way too much material on the back of the stretchers. You should trim the media to about 1/4" or so from your line of staples.

You should cut the corners back at 45 degrees and not leave all of that material folded over on the edge. Leave about 1/2" or so, right about where the print stops on the folded over part, and cut it back from there at ~45 degrees.

Marlene

what happened in the bottom right hand corner? there's a big plain white patch, which it too bad, as the photo is a nice shot. puppy looks like a Polar Bear, really cute.

take so of the tips for framing it out and give them a try so it looks more finished.

what happened in the bottom right hand corner? there's a big plain white patch, which it too bad, as the photo is a nice shot. puppy looks like a Polar Bear, really cute.

take so of the tips for framing it out and give them a try so it looks more finished.

i think that is snow.......as the dog has snow flakes on his nose.

VinylLabs.com

Just the way I do it:

I've seen that once before, do you make your own frames? I will try this if I find wood like that.

A couple of things...

You left way too much material on the back of the stretchers. You should trim the media to about 1/4" or so from your line of staples.

You should cut the corners back at 45 degrees and not leave all of that material folded over on the edge. Leave about 1/2" or so, right about where the print stops on the folded over part, and cut it back from there at ~45 degrees.

thanks! I just left as it was, cause the bottom didnt have enough area for my pliers to clasp onto. I just didnt trim after, but there is way too much media around the corner.

my dog is lying on the snow ;) that's a patch of snow!

d fleming

so you cut/trim the corners and tuck them in between the wood? never seen that done before....

Yep. Like I said, just how I do it. Leaves a nice corner. I have a big wall in the living room that has a constant changing scene of three pics at once. Made a cover for the fireplace during the summer as well. I tend to use matte finish double sided banner sometimes. Looks nice and usually cheaper than canvas and on hand.

OldPaint

you should go back where you bought the frame, and PAY someone show you the proper way to attach the canvas to the frame..............it will make your work look a lot better.

jiarby

That is about the worst canvas stretching jon I have ever seen!

Look at those Insta-Gallery Wrap frime kits that someone posted here a few months ago. They are great for this kind of one-off project.