Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first project

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by mrvixx, Jun 13, 2007.

1. mrvixx

mrvixx Member

Mar 22, 2007
    One of my first projects is to put some signs on my truck. Most will be magnetic. I need some input.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Idea Design

Idea Design Very Active Member

Jul 12, 2005
    I hope you didn't decide to abandon that logo you brought here for crit a while back.

Talk about impact. That was a good'n.

3. mrvixx

mrvixx Member

Mar 22, 2007
    its not abandoned, i will be using it for other projects.

4. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    I like the idea of magnetic business cards for people to grab off the truck !

5. Dave Drane

Dave Drane Very Active Member

Sep 24, 2003
    The signs on the truck are illegible standing still let alone driving by at 40mph.

6. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver

Ditto

7. mrvixx

mrvixx Member

Mar 22, 2007
    of course you cant read them, its a low res jpg. and only 1 inch in size. lol.

8. James Chrimes

James Chrimes Very Active Member

Jul 4, 2005
    NEWPORT NH
    Why do people ask for input and then ignore others advise. Even at 1" low res. we can still tell that the lettering will be uneffective. If the lettering on your truck will not read well why would a customer think that their lettering would turn out any better. Stick with one idea ( design) and establish it. By doing this for yourself it will make it easier to sell image to your customer. Practice what you sell. I have seen to many sign shop trucks in my area that have unreadable lettering..... which for me is a good thing.

9. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    If there is one thing I can say is a "PET PEAV" of mine its Magnetics on a sign mans truck...........I think it is so cheap looking.............Step up and letter it. Its not like you cant change it later.....................

And the block lettering dosen't look great with the nice logo you have...........

10. CribIt

CribIt Member

Dec 7, 2006
    I'd stick with just the logo. Too much goin on with all the other stuff.

11. oc63rag

oc63rag Member

May 7, 2007
    I've heard someone say they use the 20/20 rule - you have to be able to read it from 20 ft. away, traveling at 20 mph. This may, or may, not be true but it seemed to make sense.

12. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    ditto...ditto...ditto!

13. SignosaurusRex

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Saving the best for later may be professional suicide!

14. SignosaurusRex

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Interesting concept! Combined with just your logo & Phone #, beats whats going on now!

15. SignosaurusRex

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Amen Brother!

16. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Lettering your first shop truck?
    We all have been there. Lose the magnetics and letter the truck, It looks unprofessional and resembles a fly by night/part time business.

17. SignosaurusRex

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    First Impressions can MAKE or BREAK you. Go for the glory!:wink:

18. mrvixx

mrvixx Member

Mar 22, 2007
    First of all I thank you all for your input. Sign solutions, when did i ignore anyones advice? The reason that i thought about magnetic is because its my only transportation to my regular job. when i do letter it i will definitly be sure that it is legible. I might just go ahead and letter the logo on the doors and use some magnetic for the back. Now you guys are making me rethink my other logo. I might just use it as my final. Thanks again for everyones input.

19. Good start but don't try to jam so much info into the project. Name and phone number should be largest graphic on any vehicle. We get more calls from that than anything we put on our trucks.