• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my first trailer

CanuckSigns

Hey guys:
Just thought i would post my the results of my first trailer "wrap"
overall it went fairly well, printed on 3551RA and laminated with 210

tried to install on a hot day outside but the vinyl wasn't cooperating at all, so we installed in customers shop.

any advise or comments are welcomed, let me know where i could improve for next time.

Also, a HUGE thanks to Phillip at signamigo.com for the design, he charges WAY too little for the quality of work he puts out!!:U Rock:

Attachments

• trailer small 1.jpg
    trailer small 1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 119
  • trailer small 2.jpg
    trailer small 2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 146
  • trailer small 3.jpg
    trailer small 3.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 163

TheSnowman

Booya. I love the stuff he comes up with. I can't ever really even think of one I've had to "tweak" that he's put together for me.

Sparky

Phone and services on the side door are a bit lost due to door hardware, but other than that, looks good!

acothran

The design looks great, one of the best I've seen for landscaping, but then again, I always like SignAmigo's work. The install looks good from a distance. Two things, I use a lot of Oracal and would not recommend 210 laminate on 3551 (Oracal doesn't and recommends 290 for 3551 on vehicles). Some people have issues with 3551 around rivets and I don't think 210 will help with that at all. If anything it will make the vinyl less conforming. Also, can you share more details on a "hot day." Last week, here in Kentucky, we were near 100 degrees with high humidity so I'm wondering what constitutes a hot day in Ontario.

Good looking wrap though, I'm sure the customer is happy.

Allen

"Deposit Please"

I would've added the website under the phone #'s on the sides of the trailer, just like how you have it on the back. Other than that, really looks great !!!!

CanuckSigns

I'm aware of the 3551/210 combo, however i felt it would be fine for this as there are no rivets or curves in the trailer, seems to go down fine on the flat surface. as for a hot day in Ontario, we have been having a bit of a heat wave for the last 2 weeks or so, on the day i was installing this outside, it was about 35 Celsius with full humidity, put premask on the panels and it helped alot!

Thanks!

The design looks great, one of the best I've seen for landscaping, but then again, I always like SignAmigo's work. The install looks good from a distance. Two things, I use a lot of Oracal and would not recommend 210 laminate on 3551 (Oracal doesn't and recommends 290 for 3551 on vehicles). Some people have issues with 3551 around rivets and I don't think 210 will help with that at all. If anything it will make the vinyl less conforming. Also, can you share more details on a "hot day." Last week, here in Kentucky, we were near 100 degrees with high humidity so I'm wondering what constitutes a hot day in Ontario.

Good looking wrap though, I'm sure the customer is happy.

Allen

CanuckSigns

Can someone explain to me why i chose the wrong laminate? the application is completely flat, we have used 210 on tons of 4x8 dibond signs and havn't had any issues with the laminate shrinking back. I'm not trying to argue with anyone, like I said, this is my first trailer and I'm learning every day.

Thanks

SignManiac

Colors are great, layout in nice, but not keen on the logo initials overlapping the way they're shown. Otherwise its a refreshing change from the diamond plated, arora everything fills we are so accustomed to seeing.

CanuckSigns

Thanks!
as for the logo, this customer is a well established company and wanted to "freshen up" their logo while keeping it recognizable, their old logo was just the CPS letters, one of their only stipulations was that we keep that in tact. Philip at sign amigo did the logo as well, customer absolutely loves it.

Colors are great, layout in nice, but not keen on the logo initials overlapping the way they're shown. Otherwise its a refreshing change from the diamond plated, arora everything fills we are so accustomed to seeing.

Mosh

290 is the lam recomended for the 3551, the 210 will shrink at a different rate than the 3551. Let me tell you from experience....