• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My first truck wrap

brad daggy

I am ready to print my first 290" by 104" job. I'm trying to figure out how to in veraworks rip all of the tiles at the same time, yet have the xc-540 cut each tile before printing the next one. Any help would be much appreciated.

brad daggy

Just the 53" by 104" tiles. I have to print 6 of them per side of the truck. I want the printer to stop after each tile is printed so I can cut it. I will laminate the next day.

GK

not sure in versaworks but i know in Onyx you can select what tiles to be printed so you can do them 1 at a time.

pgettys

you will have to rerip each panel you are asking for problems if you try and print the whole job unless it is the ideal situation with alignment and temp and no headstrikes.
if you need some help pm me and i will help ya out we prints wraps everyday of the week

oh yea you will not be able to print 53 inches usually 52.5 is the max especially if you are printing overlaps

-Paul

brad daggy

Thanks! Let me make sure I got this right. I have 6 tiles to print. Assuming I want to print the far right tile first with a 3/4" top left overlap. I right click the 5 tiles I don't want to print to gray them out. I rip the tile I'm going to print, then print, then cut, then proceed the same way with the other panels. Right?

BoogerB

not sure in versaworks but i know in Onyx you can select what tiles to be printed so you can do them 1 at a time.
You can also send tiles as separate jobs too.

Is that possible with versaworks? That would be one of the best options I'd think. Each tile is ripped separately so you can hold or move around the queue when needed.

pgettys

that's right just make sure when you select you want 6 tiles that you have the width to do it if not you will have allot of wasted time and materials
those panels will probably take about 15 to 30 minutes to rip depending on the size

if you have questions
call me
757-485-9004
will be happy to help we are doing the same thing this morning
Paul

cdiesel

Just load the material, hit "Get Media Width" on the layout tab, and rip/print the whole job at once. This will ensure you aren't ripping for a width larger than you have.
Why are you wanting to print one panel at a time? Concerned about media alignment?

Former member

Print, laminate, then trim the panels. There's no need to contour the panels. You making more work for yourself than is really neccesary. If I am understanding you correctly.
Get yourself a trimmer like an image edge and cut the panels after they've been laminated. A straight edge & razor will work too. If you try to countour cut a panel that large chances are the media will end up creased or wrinkled in the process.