Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My flatbed is to slow, so looking for tips on screen printing coroplast campaign signs with uv ink

Discussion in 'Screen Printing' started by Bradley Bedwell CPA, Oct 27, 2019.

1. marunr

marunr New Member

Dec 14, 2018
    tulsa, ok
    I agree with all of the above. Campaign signs are always rush jobs and the learning curve for screenprinting, (and using either solvent or UV inks both have their own problems), is not going to allow you to do 7000 plus signs. Printing is an acquired skill, even though nobody wants to believe it. When I started printing 40 years ago my instructors always said anyone can slap ink on paper, but that's not printing. Hire an experienced printer and let them teach you or you will be in for an enormous amount of stress and mess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FireSprint.com

FireSprint.com Merchant Member

We wholesale hundreds of thousands of these annually. We also give shop tours if you are ever in Omaha. Come on out and we'll show you how it's done.

There's no secrets in this business. Hard work, experience, and a keen interest to continuously improve processes make it work.

If you're serious, come to Omaha!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ian Stewart-Koster

Ian Stewart-Koster Active Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    I wonder how it all went for him? No reply?

4. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    The guy got overloaded with politicians and tax returns... I think he imploded.

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Impeachment got in the way. :rolleyes:

6. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Toxic ink poisoning.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattocks

Mattocks Mad Scientist

Jan 17, 2011
    Tennessee| Florida
    Chiming in. We screen print plastics here. When I jumped into the screen printing with UV inks, it changed my whole setup and need and mesh counts,chemicals, emulsion types and wash out stations and everything from printing textiles only. I can say that there is a lot more extra setup involved and we added in an extra 1,000 square ft to accommodate for the larger screens and needs for washing it out. Also had to upgrade exposure unit bigger scaled and had to make a lot of adjustments internally . We are up and running here but I will say that If we didn't already screen print before, going from the flatbed to the silk screen method will be a big leap. My journey was backwards to this. I started screen printing before getting into the vinyl cutting and eco-solvent printing side. Not to mention the volatile pricing in plastics with corona virus + tariffs . These plastics have a dyne level and expiration life too on the raw material.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sunney

Sunney New Member

Sep 16, 2017
    India
    THIS is me too.
    Screen printer for 39 years, started manual, now ATMA 6x4 ft three fourth automatic.
    It is no Photoshop+digital printer, takes years to master: Skill starts from designing till stacking the dried sheets. Garbage in, garbage out.
    It is for hardworker, die-hard's. BUT you can learn, with untiring training, AND once you do, it gives good margins.

9. Troy Lesher

Troy Lesher Merchant Member

May 23, 2018
    Texas
    for outsourcing you've been given good names , here is another right there in Alabama, Signmasters, Tommy trucks. if you want to do it yourself,

10. BC61

BC61 New Member

Feb 25, 2019
    peabody, ma
    If you want a real dose of what UV screen printing on coro is all about, start yourself out in the reclaiming area. After doing that for a week, I'm pretty sure you'll
    be calling vendors to outsource your work.....