• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Friend Juanita

Big House Signs

You guys please..no political statements...dont want this moved over to nhb especially since I dont subscribe anymore.

My friend Juanita Warman was murdered at Ft Hood last week. this was a wonderful woman...she was everything I hope to be. Kind, understanding, classy...so much fun! I am really sad about this. I was sad she was going to be gone for a year but I knew she would be back and she would be coming back as a General. She helped so many soldiers who came back damaged. This was someone who gave such great advice!...uggg she will be so missed.
For a really nice article, read this
http://www.villainouscompany.com/vcblog/archives/2009/11/those_who_serve.html

Attached is a collage we made and printed for the memorial sunday, along with her military portrait...but those are so grainy...even alien skin blowup couldnt help it. In two weeks many of her friends here will be renting a bus to go to Arlington for her funeral. She deserves all honors she receives.

Attachments

• juanita tribute small.jpg
    juanita tribute small.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 114

RebeckaR

What a beautiful tribute to your friend.

God bless her family, and her friends who will miss her sorely.

Marlene

my heart goes out to her family and you. what an awful day that was and what an awful loss for all of us.

Replicator

Sympathies and thoughts are with you and the family and all other friends.

It's a real tragedy, but her legacy will live on . . . !

Big House Signs

Thanks guys. It was a lovely memorial yesterday. It was very kind of Macgregors Restaurant to host this and supply food. And Mr. Phil her husband held up really well, been worried about him. Hopefully the community will continue to rally around him, especially in the weeks ahead after the hoopla dies down. That's always the hardest part when everyone else continues on with life and you are still grieving.Next Monday she will be buried at Arlington. A local bus company has donated a bus for her many friends to attend...I will probably go. I am trying not to be sad and be grateful that I got to know her and follow her example. She lived life to the fullest and had compassion and kindness for everyone she met. This is how I want to live my life.