• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My friends daughter is missing.

GypsyGraphics

for all the crap that's on the internet (present company aside), wouldn't it be wonderful if the exposure on Facebook could help bring her home.

praying big time for Miranda!!!!!!!!

CheapVehicleWrap

It is possible that she ran away (she is 15) however whatever the situation is, as a parent I can't imagine being in this situation. Her Father is a childhood friend of mine.

I understand, but that's FAR better than an abduction. Possibly that's why I haven't seen an Amber alert. Hope she gets home quick!

CheapVehicleWrap

"Laura Marie Harquail
She has notified her parents that she is safe. She is not home yet ): I really hope she goes home soon.
about a minute ago"

MikePro

good to see it wasn't a kidnapping... geez when I "ran away" as a kid, I only made it to the neighbors' house and it was for like 2hrs before I forgot what i was mad about and just went home for dinner.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I hope she returns safe and sound and that the entire family can patch things up.

These are tough times for family, friends and the little girl herself [actually, anyone's child]. I often joke with kids and tell them to runaway while they still know everything. The peer pressure of today's children is amazing. On the radio you hear talk programs interviewing young teenagers and you see this stuff on television and it's a shame, but most of these kids never really have a real childhood. They're raised to be young adults and treated as such. Some of these kids are then fixed on living like an adult in a kid's body. More and more of them can't handle the pressure and they are generally the one's who do the 'crazies'.

I'm speaking from one who had a young teenager that ran away around 15 and got into all kinds of trouble. Thought he was smarter than everyone else and could beat the system. Well, he's 47 now and he still thinks he can beat the system, but it took a few years back then to rid him of his dumb behavior. It was many years later that he apologized to his Mom, but she never gave up on him in the meantime. The only thing that worked on this kid was 'Tough Love'. I'm happy to say, he did turn out fine, but he still has issues. However, they're his own issues and for the most part..... he has stopped pushing buttons for the drama connected to it.