• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Graphtec FC2100-60A died this week, after 25+ years

fredges

Fred
So, my beloved Graphtec, that I've worked with over 20 years finally crapped out. The ribbon cable started acting up, and I had to jiggle it on the board connector to wake it up. Now it runs RAM check, but stops there. I think it's time to let her go. I'm devastated. This thing was my daily partner for 10 years at my work, and I bought her when they were upgrading and have been with her almost all her life. :(

If anyone needs parts or wants a shot at fixing it, hit me up, I'm near Seattle.

RIP old dear friend. :( ...

player

Where can I find a cable? Hard to get parts for this old girl...
Get the specs and find one that will work. Get an accurate length measurement. Count the strands that make up the cable. Use magnification to get any markings off the cable. Depending on the ends, use a meter to determine the path of the pins. If it's a flat ribbon then it should be straight through.

Get online and find one that will work. Can you post pictures of the ends and the terminals?

Do you know if is a bad cable or a bad connector?