Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Hat Is Off to X3

Discussion in 'Corel' started by Fred Weiss, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I received a file today which was generated on a Mac version of Illustrator. For whatever reason my Windows Illustrator CS2 would not open it although it has always been my understanding that it would. I next turned to Flexi and it opened it as a bitmap. Next I turned to CorelDRAW X3 and it opened in full glowing 100% vectors.

I was impressed.

Tags:
  2. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    A TIP to help solve these issues.

If anyone has Adobe Acrobat 6 or above
    you can right click on most image [ ie; AI, EPS, CDR, etc ] file types and then
    click on convert to PDF which should then be importable to most image vector programs without incident . . .

3. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    Fred, that is odd. The Mac and PC CS2 files are not platform specific. Must be some anomaly. The only issues between the 2 are ps fonts.

4. Former member

Former member Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Ditto on what the Doc said. I design most of my work in Illustrator on a Mac, and send to My PC for ripping and sometimes additional editing, and I've never had a problem, even with different versions of Illustrator. I have CS on the MAC and CS2 on the the PC. Hmmmm?