• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My jobs are evolving!!!

charliet

No, I'm kidding.

I'm aware there is a handful of problems that can happen here but I would like to hear your thoughts. Much appreciated.

Sending a job from Illustrator to ONYX to our Roland. AI file is 48" x 72". ONYX print size is 48.1" x 72.1". Actual print is coming out to 48" x 71.25".

Here is some food for thought:

- The original file was an EPS and it produced these sizes.

- Saved as a JPEG. Same results.

- All other jobs from the same printer are coming out to correct size.

- I didn't design these but I did go back and check the art board, bleed, etc. Everything looked fine.

- There are no clipping masks involved with this problem either.

My only guess, besides all the others I've tried, is the background fill is corrupt in one way or another. We have never used these files before but that is my educated guess.

We needed to get the job out, so we just over sized the background and trimmed to correct size but I'm open to suggestions for the future.

rfulford

You probably need to enter a media compensation for that material. Your X axis is dead on and that is typical for inkjets whereas your Y axis is off which is also typical for inkjets.