• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My JV3 has got better!!! Or has it?

heyskull

Last year we got a JV3-160S as a back up to our other machines.
When it arrived it had blocked heads, blocked pumps, etc. etc. and had lain inactive a lot longer than the seller had made out.
I decided I was going to have a play with this machine and get it into some sort of state so as to get a print out of it.
I managed to clean the pumps and get them working, fitted new dampers and head cables.
Then set about unclogging the heads with an ultrasonic cleaner and a 1/2 a gallon of solvent cleaner.
I was getting somewhere and the heads were coming back on line slowly with varying degrees of test pattern. Sadly one of the heads had received a nasty bash but weirdly was the best functioning.
After another session in the cleaner I refitted all the heads and fired the machine up.
Then the machine came up with a "ERROR 07"
Well after much frustration I resigned that I had fried the transistors on the main board or destroyed the slider board as it was giving the error whether the heads and cables were connected or not.
We got busy over summer so this was pushed to the back of the workshop.
Last week while trying to start to sell this as a spares machine I turned the machine on and everything functioned correctly!!
It booted up and showed all 3 heads / 6 channels. Yes they are all blocked again after nearly 10 months unused but the error has disappeared!
What is going on?
Now I probably could do with this running as business is getting busy again after Christmas and another machine would lighten the load on the others.
But buying new dx4 heads for this machine (it needs three) is prohibitively expensive especially on a machine which I have made no money from and spent a lot of time.
I just wanted to know what the good people of Signs101 thought? Should I plough more money and time into this or sell as spares?

Thanks

heyskull

I can change the heads myself not a problem.
Just the cost of new heads is scary especially if their is other faults and this is just a glitch.

I don't understand "What do you have into it now?"

artbot

about "too much"... depends. a 160s is slow (no CMYKx2). in primo running condition that is just below premium pricing.

heyskull

OK then has anyone got three old DX4 heads which kind of work that they could ship to the UK Cheap please?

heyskull

Well the answer is:- YES MY PRINTER HAS GOT BETTER!!!

After a bit of fiddling and cleaning some old heads.
I have at last a test print of my computer.
Yes I still have a lot of work cleaning heads as I have about only 70% firing but at least I now know it works.
Well pleased with myself.

A little side question the heads I have installed are marked "OMP" does anyone know where these came feom?

Cheers
SC