• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Logo

I have been using some form of this logo since I started:
photo (5).jpg

It is clean and simple, which I like. I like the slanted script for some reason also. But I feel like it could be a lot better. I threw this together in Illustrator one night:
CHROME LETTERS.jpg

The majority of my work is fire department related (gold leaf), so I want my logo to reflect that. I also like old school/retro signs so I wanted that incorporated into the logo also. I'm not crazy about the chrome effect in the "SELLERS" but I feel like it needs something the make it pop. The phone number in the above logo is unfinished, so disregard that. I meant to crop it out before I posted it here. I would like to hear some other people's perspectives and ideas on this and hopefully tweak it and make it something nice!

Pat Whatley

I threw this together in Illustrator one night

It's your logo, your visual presentation to the world. It needs to instantly let people know who you are and the quality you are capable of producing. You do not simply throw something together one night.

Sorry to say it but the one you posted is not very professional looking.

It's your logo, your visual presentation to the world. It needs to instantly let people know who you are and the quality you are capable of producing. You do not simply throw something together one night.

Sorry to say it but the one you posted is not very professional looking.

I should have clarified, I'm not using that bottom logo. I still use a simple version of the top one. By "threw it together" I meant I put it together as an idea to work on, but I've hit somewhat of a creative block which is why I posted it here.

John Butto

fire, fire hose, you can do your chrome thingy on the nozzle, hose, pen tool, draw line, object / path/ offset path

fire, fire hose, you can do your chrome thingy on the nozzle, hose, pen tool, draw line, object / path/ offset path

That is great! I may have to take that idea and run with it and see what I can come up with. The only thing that I would be unsure about is the confusion it could possibly create, do you think it would make it look too much like I sell fire equipment and not signs? Maybe more of an emphasis on "Signs & Designs" would take care of that.

I've been sitting here messing with this idea also, I was going for the look of a gilded glass storefront window. It blends the gold leaf, old school and professional themes together. This is just a rough mock up, I would draw up a cleaner, slightly bigger ornamental panel and maybe wrap the two S's around the ends of it.

sellers logo 3.jpg

I've seen people on here talking about the trouble they were having designing their own logo and now I feel their pain. I can usually draw something nice up for someone else easily, but for some reason it isn't as easy when it is for yourself.

Marlene

it may sound picky but I totally hate periods used in a phone number. raise them up s they are bullets, make it look designed and not just entered in on your key board

SignManiac

If you do a lot of fire truck lettering, then why not use a period fire truck type face for the Sign & Design portion?

Marlene

the last one wasn't bad except for the off balance caused by the "and". everyhting about that band is so symmetrical and the "and" is so off center that is looks really wrong. maybe get rid of the top and bottom decos to see if that helps as they make a clear center point

I spent some time today working on the logo. I know this looks crude and pieced together, but I wanted to throw all the ideas in there and get an idea of where I can go with this. I used the hose style font John suggested and added the other pieces to it. So now the question is what should stay and what should go. I feel like the fire is too much, even though it would look cool after I tweak it and it fits the theme. I am most likely going to go with a nice vintage ornamental panel around the "Sign and Design", the black box is just there until I have time to draw up something nice. If I go with a panel that slants up and to the right I think it will fit in the design better. I know the water spray needs work, but should it even stay? I am also going to add a texture to the hose to make it look more like cotton jacket hose.

Sellers Hose Script.jpg

Here is a simplified version.

sellers hose script simple.jpg

I like the cleaner look of this better, but the hose bothers me. It looks like it should be squirting water and not just hanging in the air.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'd can that idea, the subliminal message would read that anyone doing business with you will be hosed.
Too much gimmick not enough impact.
Attack this from a different direction.

wayne k
guam usa

Marlene

the hose thing is just plain horrid. post #8 was off balancebut overall not bad. it looks like fire truck lettering and since that is what you are selling it seems like a good idea to have a "sample" of your work in your logo. the hose thing looks cheap and like you feel you need to draw it out as people are too stupid to get it. #8 just needed the top and bottom do dads removed so the copy didn't look off balance. the message is good and clear as when people see it they think fire truck

DigiPrinter

I'm by no means a designer so that's why I hire graphic designers to do my layouts (I'm a one-man show). I do have 2-cents though and would say if your only business is fire trucks then go with a "fire equipment" theme. However, if you are a rounded out sign company doing many different sign aspects then I wouldn't narrow yourself so much and send the wrong message to everyone else not in the fire truck business. Artsy can be good if done right but simple can be just as effective, if not more. Good luck with your design/logo!

John Butto

Like signmaniac said "less is more". This is done in Illustrator. Give Seller's a break, he has been working for the last year on the new "ObamaCare" website.

TammieH

Just curious John B, do you host a television show in which you wear 2 different colored suspenders? :wink: