• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Logo

sdimmick

I have been having trouble with designing a professional looking logo for my shop. Very low budget shop, actually, only do it on the side from my full time job, but wanted something a little more professional.

Here's what i got. Remember, most of my work is racing/small company biz signs...

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSG flame logo.JPG
    DSG flame logo.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DSG wing.jpg
    DSG wing.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 72

sdimmick

Joe, Thanks, you have to understand I have no education when it comes to artwork, Im an architectural student...contours, i get, contrast as to what?

dlndesign

I second Pat. How long have you had your logo.
You may loose brand recognition with a total re-do of the logo. my 2 cents.

Joe Diaz

Joe, Thanks, you have to understand I have no education when it comes to artwork, Im an architectural student...contours, i get, contrast as to what?

The top one, is essentially what you have.
contrast test.jpg

You are using white to separate red and black which is good. But the white contour should be an internal contour not an external one. The reason is that if it is external, you are essentially making the letters look fatter then they should be. In the middle option you can see I went with an internal contour, and I also increased the spacing between the letters. This makes it easier for the viewer to make out those letters. In the bottom option you will notice I increased the thickness of the contours and also swapped the colors so that the highest contrasting colors are working together to make the design more legible.

signgal

I'm with Pat... I get where you're going with the new one and Joe should always be listened to in every situation :) but I think the letter only look is more effective for you at this stage.

W

wetgravy

Can't really say i like either too much ... the original is stronger without the standard clipart tribal or wings.