• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My machine wont power up

I get the error E068 Err Cr Encoder.

When I power the machine up it acts normally.... themn when it tries to move the carriage I guess?? There is a jolt kinda thud and this error is displayed...

What is going on?? I can't turn my machine on at all with out this happening..

Encoder strip is probably dirty, and there is also a little notch that goes up and down by the print head to the left. Check to see if it's bent. If it is, get some needle nose and straighten it out. You should be good.

henryp

Encoder strip is probably dirty, and there is also a little notch that goes up and down by the print head to the left. Check to see if it's bent. If it is, get some needle nose and straighten it out. You should be good.

You can temporarily remove the head lock mechanism if you believe this is the cause of the problem. If it is bent, the carriage must have hit it at some stage. Straighten it then upgrade the printer's firmware to the latest revision (Ver1.05), this version has an updated head lock solenoid release duty cycle

I'm not sure if it is the head lock either... When I try to boot up the machine... even if I manually take the carriage out of the capping station and put it half pass... the carriage jolts quick once moves no where and the error is displayed...

I am starting to worry my machine hasn't done a clean in over 24 hours

signage

thanks for all the responses guys... Signwarehouse.com got me straightened out. THANKS

If you want help and would like to help other in the future you should tell what they told you to do so that other may find out if they have the same problem! Also if this happens again to you in a year or two you will be able to find the answer in case you don't remember!

Peterpan

E 068 error usually has to do with Carriage encoder. Something is going wrong when the carriage is moving. The encoder does not feedback the right pulses.

Check when the printer is off if you can move manually the carriage from side to side. Must move smooth with no obstacles. (Don't forget to unlock the head before).

Check the T-fence and U encoder condition.
(U = the shape of the carriage encoder)

And last check the carriage motor for abnormal operation.

Peterpan

You can also...

Check connection of the following connectors.

Main board:
CR motor assembly connector: J21

CR cable connector: J9 - J11

CR board:
CR cable connector: J201 - J205

OldPaint

summit signs, sounud like your near UNIONTOWN, PA, OHIO PYLE, MARKLESBURG........i went to PENN STATE, FAYETTE CAMPUS. did some teaching classes at OHIO PYLE.also new genva pottery.

orfeo25

HI there!

i have a Mutoh Rockhopper II (Falcon II in US), and give me the same error E068 ERR CR ENCODER.

I cleaned the rails, and the enconder. This is ok, doesn't has any part bended.
I checked the connection of the covers, and are ok (J155 R AND J156 L).

One note. I changed the mainboard due a fail of a print head (E075).

Now every time i turn on the machine, in the middle of he initialization appear this error.
Anyone have some idea?

any help will be grateful
Thanks!!

Mochistlan

probably a solution.

I had a problem similar to yours.
I had to replace a main board of a mutoh PJ 2.6 due that the chips that send the voltages to the motor were burned, I also change the cr motor. so I cross by mistake the cables that connects the cr motor. so everytime I initialized the printer it show the CR encoder error. check your cables of the CR motor, check if some of the cables that connects the encoder, 3 cables connected to the sensor is pcb. I hope this help

orfeo25

Hi there

I need help, again with the error E068 CR encoder.
This is a curse....

I tried all the tips about the CR strip, (i clean & checked the strip and changed with a new one, the carriage is moving smooth..)

I changed the CR Board, but still having the same error.

I checked the CR motor with a multitester and make "beep", but when i try to check the other PF Motor, nothing happen (appear some value in the display of the multitester). So if i'm right, the CR motor seems gone, but im not sure (exist some way to connect the engine to electricity, just to check if is working?)
I changed the CR Motor with a new one, but happen the same (same error, and when i recheck the cr motor with the multimeter beeps again.)

Im really desperate with this.
Any help will be very apreciated.

Thanks