• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My moniter died...happy Christmas to me

signmeup

My 17" crt monitor died yesterday. I had to go out and get a new one right away of course. I got a 24" HP with a shiny screen. I've never seen one with a shiny screen before, they always looked matt to me. The thing is awesome compared to the old one. I was worried about glare from the shiny screen but when it's on you get zero glare....it's really quite nice. My digital photos look way better on this monitor. I have to get used to looking back and forth though.

signmeup

The shiny screen looked better for colour and sharpness than any of the other monitors on display. It was quite noticeable. Perfect "off angle" viewing is the only thing I miss from the crt. This one has an issue with it......I have to sit just right for the whole screen to look perfect. Maybe I'm sitting too close. I'm sure I'll get used to it.