• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Mutoh Died

BobCap

My Mutoh VJ1203 just finished printing a file and turned itself off.

After unplugging it and letting it sit for a bit I plugged the power in and the data light came on.

I can turn the power switch on and off and the only thing that happens is the data light comes on, nothing on the display.

HELP

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert MN

devahoch

SIGN MAKING COMPANY
This is time to repair the power board

My Mutoh VJ1203 just finished printing a file and turned itself off.

After unplugging it and letting it sit for a bit I plugged the power in and the data light came on.

I can turn the power switch on and off and the only thing that happens is the data light comes on, nothing on the display.

HELP

Bob Cap
AAI
Gilbert MN

Hi!
Don't worry, your powerboard have some defect capacitor for stabilisation current. I repaired my RH II with 2 eur for 2 capacitors. You must to disassemble all board, then you can take out powerboad. look for swollen capacitors and replace those. For disassemble mashine, every connector is special for one socket ( you can't wrong connect again). before disassemble, make foto of all connectors on board for assemble late. This repair is some 2-3 Euro, but if you call for technican, those people make replace new powerboard cc 400-500 Euro.

letterman7

What's "a while" for being unplugged? Half hour? Try leaving it unplugged all night; unplug from the wall and hit the power button a few times to discharge the capacitors. devahoch might be right about a faulty capacitor or it may be something else altogether...

BobCap

Follow up

I left it unplugged all night after discharging the power supply by turning it on and off a few times after it was unplugged.

Got here this morning, plugged it in, turned It on....

Same thing...only data light came on.

Opened up the case to check fuses etc. All OK.

Called Mutoh tech support.

Tried a couple of different ways to boot system. NG.

Unplugged printer, discharge printer.

The techs thought was bad main board...

I then pulled the memory out, reseated it. It powered up!

Happy camper!

Turned it off and on a couple of times. Good.

Put the cover back on and it would not power up!

Pulled the cover off, reseated the memory again...powers up...

Currently the back cover is off and I'm printing a file...

Figure that one out...

Bob Cap
Gilbert, MN

devahoch

SIGN MAKING COMPANY
Congratulations:smile:
But I tall to you, this issue is still in system if you don't repair powerboard ( No mainboard!). One time you can't start mashine and not working for your job. sometime you can start if CAPACITOR workS, and some time no. This problem is identical with my RH II 64 as far as I repaired POWERBOARD.
Good luky.

letterman7

Good deal. All it takes is a bad connection somewhere. Last month my 1204 wouldn't power up at all. Tech came out, we both went through the entire printer replacing boards, power supplies, everything and still no joy. Never occurred to us to check the actual power feed that is under that little cover by the plug. Sure enough, the printer had rocked enough to loosed the screws and one of the leads was off. Tech said he had never seen that before...

BobCap

Congratulations:smile:
But I tall to you, this issue is still in system if you don't repair powerboard ( No mainboard!). One time you can't start mashine and not working for your job. sometime you can start if CAPACITOR workS, and some time no. This problem is identical with my RH II 64 as far as I repaired POWERBOARD.
Good luky.

I inspected all the caps. No bulging or other indication they were bad.

Of course I could just replace all the electrolytic caps on the board.

BobCap

Good deal. All it takes is a bad connection somewhere. Last month my 1204 wouldn't power up at all. Tech came out, we both went through the entire printer replacing boards, power supplies, everything and still no joy. Never occurred to us to check the actual power feed that is under that little cover by the plug. Sure enough, the printer had rocked enough to loosed the screws and one of the leads was off. Tech said he had never seen that before...

I moved every wire connected to all the boards and input power area...Didn't have any luck there.

It's currently printing. We'll see what happens.