• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Mutoh Falcon took a dive today!

grafixhenk

Our Mutoh dropped a color and we have tried all the regular options to get it back up and going but no luck.

I had some minor problems with one of the printhead lsssing some nozzles so thought about getting a kit and go through the whole thing. While checking on eBay I found a kit for $625.00 from a seller named imprintech1, is anyone familiar with this or tried it. this guy has 100% possitive feedback.

Please let me know asap since this is our only outdoor printer and jobs are waiting!

R08

Delt with him lots. He is associated with http://cmykparts.com/

Just got dampers from him a couple weeks ago.

Very good service. that's why he's 100% I guess.

He's very knowledgeable as well. I have talked with him on the phone and he has helped me a lot.

Cy Fan

is the missing color not printing at all or is there some trace of it?

Are all other colors printing correctly?

grafixhenk

Missing magenta all others are fine ink is in the damper and can suck it through but not printing. It was working yesterday

grafixhenk

I just was wondering mostly about the printheads, just figured out since i take it appart might as well refurb the thing

Cy Fan

I had a the exact same problem a while back. it was even magenta that was missing.

To fix it I went through the logical progression of things that could go wrong. I replaced, the damper, docking station,the print head all lines, tubbing and o-rings leading from the ink cartridge to the print head, and all panel cables. When all that didn't work I replaced the main board. When that didn't work I sucked it up and paid for a Calgraph tech to come in and see what he could do. After stumping him he reccommend that we replace the head board, just so that I could tell the insurance company that I replaced every possible part that could go wrong, and maybe they would buy me a new one. Wouldn't you know it the damn thing fired right up.

Now I'm not saying it's the head board, in fact I'd be willing to bet that its not because every phone and onsite tech I talked to, none of them have ever seen a bad head board.

But long story short this kit may not be the end all be all solution to your problem.

signguy27

I can't remember who it was but i know someone on here just got some new printheads from there.. when i remeber who it was i will get back to you...

Steve C.

This may sound stupid, but, are you sure there is ink in the cartridge.
I have had ink run out without the usual warnings. If the tab inside the
cartridge is stuck, the machine will not be able to tell the ink is out...

grafixhenk

Plenty of ink, all new cartridges. I have tried everything so I am realy considering the whole kit and new ink. I just want to make sure it is worth wile to replace the pritheads with the ones they offer. I only want to do this once!