Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new computer won't recognize 7.1 dongle, any options?

Discussion in 'Signlab' started by Yetibettie, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Yetibettie

Yetibettie New Member

Jul 23, 2019
    Hello, I have Signlab 7.1 that I have been using for 14 years. I just upgraded my computer (Windows 7pro, 10pro) and the program loaded fine but won't recognize the dongle. The usb port is working as the dongle lights up, but after 8 +/- clicks, gives me error message. Does anyone have any advice or help that you can give me? I would appreciate it so much.
    Thank you, Julia
    #signlab #dongle #cadlink

Tags:
  2. OPENSignsInc.

OPENSignsInc. Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Greenville, PA
    I dont remember 7.1 supporting usb dongles, but you may need to run signlab in compatibility mode (right click on icon and go to properties. Look for compatibility and choose an earlier version of windows). The earliest version ive gotten to work with Windows 10 is 9.1 (we use 10 for our mimaki) for our Gerber Edge.

We started running signlab 6.0 in 1998 on Win 95 with the serial dongle until we got 8.0 and switched to usb.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yetibettie

Yetibettie New Member

Jul 23, 2019
    From what I understand, 7.1 was the first edition that the usb was an option. I'll try your suggestion, hopefully it will do the trick. Thank you for your answer. I appreciate you taking the time to help.

4. Bert Wondervan

Bert Wondervan Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Germany
    I assume you installed the Windows 10 upgrade version on Windows 7, while SignLab 7.1 was already installed on Win 7.
    Remove SignLab 7.1 and install it again. (Clean installation).

5. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    Dongle driver already installed or not, that should be checked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    Sometimes you need to install a driver from the manufacturers website.

7. Jean Shimp

Jean Shimp Member

Oct 26, 2012
    jacksonville, fl
    Did you install the license files?