• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My New Mac....

synergy_jim

Just seeing how many people out there are running Mac's.

I was a die hard PC guy since day 1, I built them, installed them, and everything in between.

Then Vista came along...

We switched the whole sign shop over to Mac. We kep 1 pc as a rip station and thats it...

All I have to say is these things are incredible.....

We have a mac pro 2.66 dual Xeon dual core box with 10 gigs ram and also a

20" Imac with 2 gigs of ram....

I have not seen a crash or a blue screen of death since we changed....

Anyone else out there have a similar experience?

JD

:thumb:

animenick65

I've had a Macbook for over a year now. Haven't looked back since. It's nice using an operating system that just feels like it's had some good TLC.

Sign_Boy

I been using Macs off and on since they had the Apple II.

I still have my G4 but use PC at work. Don't ask.

Have fun with it, they are great.

Matt Cuellar

Absolutely!

I have both a PC and MacBook Pro laptop. I have to use my PC when I go onsite to profile or do consultations, but my Mac is my primary. It's funny because I grew up on Mac then had to switch to PC when I went to college because everything was Windows-based. And then about 2 years ago I switched back to Mac and wondered why I ever left in the first place!!! Never crashes, extremely fast, well worth the added $$$. And Vista has made my life hell. I hate it! I fact, I'm having my friend at Microsoft roll it back to XP because it's so unstable! Love Macs, just wish more things were compatible with them! :smile:

speedmedia

Ah yes... Isn't it nice to be able to do something on a computer without it asking a million questions or crashing, stalling, locking??

I love my MAC. If it wasn't for ripping I would not have a PC at all. I cannot wait until some good ripping software comes out for MAC.

Thanks,
Kurt Dietrich
Speed Media

Former member

Congratulations for seeing the light! The only PC I use is for ripping too.
I just did the leopard upgrade...Time Machine is the shiznit!

jenhuedepohl

All Mac here too. Got a new 2.66 Ghz Dual processor Mac Pro here at the "real" job. Only 2 Gb of ram but is still rocks! Have a Mac at home, too. Little eMac that's five years old and still going strong. My mom's on her third PC in five years.

GK

two of the best investments we made were buying new mac pro machines when we had the chance. We had PPC G5s prior and they were incredibly fast, but the 3ghz Quad-core Intel Clovertown processors with 16gb RAM put them to shame. Granted the hefty price tag on them is a little bit much, but things we used to wait for on the old machines...are now a thing of the past. One important note however, with the new Intel Macs, be sure not to throw any old RAM into these machines. OEM and Apple certified memory only. The approved FB-DIMM modules use specially designed heatsinks that require less airflow so the machines fans can spin at lower speeds and still keep the system temp down. If you put memory in that isn't up to par you will know it right away because the fans won't turn off, it will be loud as hell, and sometimes the system just won't boot.

TheSnowman

I've had my Mac Book Pro for a year now...and love it. I still have to use a PC @ work because I've already bought all the software for it, and have to have the RIP, but...anything that takes balls to run, the Mac handles it actually w/o cratching, and on the first try.

John Butto

mac user

MacBook Pro to do all the artwork and a 12" Powerbook G4 to run my RIP, Shiraz and Flexi PhotoPrint. Been using since 512 Macintosh.

OADesign

yea yea i know, but i just like to be able to build my (PC) machines...
and they (PCs) are a bit cheaper...
but i know they (MACs) just work. If only they made the leap to gaming....