• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My new toy

ABPGraphics

Just thought you guys would like to see my new toy - we are very proud - I have had it about two weeks now - was very frustrating without it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 90

d fleming

You'd be surprised where you can cram a panel saw. Mine is a smaller version safety speed cut. Takes up very little space. Can wheel it right out the door and make a real mess if necessary. HAd it for about 13 years now, on it's second blade. Would probably still be on the first if not for employee abuse.

Attachments

• saw.jpg
    saw.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 64

sardocs

I think I posted up this before but cutting a little window in the blade cover made lining up cut marks on our safety speed saw real easy.

Attachments

• sawhole.jpg
    sawhole.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 72

Kottwitz-Graphics

I wish I had the wall space for one, as well... but I have stared reading a handyman how to book called Shop Notes, and I got hold of some back issues, and they show how to build a couple of different styles of panel saws.

The one that I was goign to originally build, instead of sliding the material thru the stationary saw, the material is stationary, and the panel saw moves horizontally (it is in issue #88)...

But the one that I have decided to build instead of a sliding track system, it has grooves in each side as well as top and bottom, and there is a guide rail that the saw moves across. It is built from 1" x 4"s in a grid pattern to support the material, and it folds flat against the wall.