• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My outlines are misaligned!

aaronsvinylart

Ive been noticing lately that sometimes when I cut outlines or complex images, some of my lines will be, well, misaligned...I first noticed this years ago, but I figured with the frequency it happened, and my workarounds each time, that I'd just get to it someday. The annoying thing is: I can't make heads or tails of why this might be occurring! Since the problem has persisted across windows installations, I'm forced to believe that the problem may be due to the cutter, or the file, but I've not ruled out a software malfunction/mis-configured setting.

Attachments

• scrunched up outlines.jpg
    scrunched up outlines.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 78

slappy

tighten your pulleys in your cutter maybe? clean the grit shaft?
how much material is in the vinyl your cutting? 50yard? 10yard? 1yard? less?

are you using a machine that works with the punch marks?

maybe look in your plotters owner manual for misalignment.

:Welcome:2:signs101:

aaronsvinylart

Those are all really good questions. I'm currently just cutting and recutting one line of text that has a double outline. Upon closer inspection, I notice that the lettering and the first outline are cutting correctly. It's that second outline... I'm going to try and redo that one outline, in case it's got some wierd node points.

Failing all that, I'll clean the machine and see if that helps...

Thanks!