• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my outlook not working

gabagoo

anyone know what causes this?

Attachments

• email issue.jpg
    email issue.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 110

Freese

anyone know what causes this?
To resolve this behavior, run Scanpst.exe, which is also known as the Inbox Repair tool, to repair the Personal Folder (.pst) file:
  1. Quit Outlook and log off, and then attempt to repair the damaged Personal Folders (.pst) file by running Scanpst.exe.

For additional information about running Scanpst.exe, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 197316 OL2000: (CW) How to Use the Inbox Repair Tools to Recover Messages
  2. If you still cannot open the .pst file, follow these steps:
    1. Run Scandisk.exe or another disk utility on the hard disk to ensure hard disk integrity.
    2. To make sure that the behavior is not specific to the computer or to the folder's location on the hard disk, move the .pst file to another location on the hard disk.
    3. Create a new Outlook profile.
    4. Add the relocated .pst file to the new profile.
    5. Attempt to start Outlook.
If the .pst file is still inaccessible, the file may be damaged beyond repair. You might have to remove the current .pst file from the profile and create a new .pst file. For details about creating a new .pst file, refer to the "More Information" section and select the article that deals with your installation of Outlook.

gabagoo

thanks.... where do i go to run this program.... I am slowly forgetting things like this...do I need a dos prompt, and if so i cant remember how to get one lol

gabagoo

Can someone tell me just what has happened here? is it viral? Outlook will not pick up emails and wont send, in fact my i phone is getting some, but yesterday i definately had emails and today they are not even in my phone, like they were taken back..... just friggin annoying.

I have tried this tool to fix the files but keeps telling me the file locations dont exist. Not a big fan of win 7 and have issues navigating to find files

J Hill Designs

maybe inbox is too full - I have problems with outlook express when folders hit over 2gigs. not sure its a problem with outlook, but might want to check

visual800

yes ive had it. outlook just wont send or receive for no reason. What I've done is have my main email email forwarded to my gmail that way I can still get all emails when outlook has become a little PITA. I dont know why it happens and when it started microsoft blamed ISP (of course) BUT it still came to gmail so it was outlook