• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My printer has issues with printing decals that are above 4" or bigger

ATW

The decals will eventually get printed.

The situation i have come across is with my Roland Sp-300.
Most of the time when i print the decals are usually 3" or less.
When ever i print a decal that is 3" or larger it seems to pause, clean the heads, and then resume ( Now Processing )
This can happen multiple times during the print, would say every 60 seconds on average.

What i think it could be is the printer cable connected to the machine, i had a 25 ft cable, I replaced it to a 10 ft and it made no difference.

The only thing i think it could be now is to get another PC to hookup to it. Currently i'm running a ASUS intel core 7 2.4 GHz with 8 GB ram.

I have no idea what it could be.

Any ideas are most welcome and i will try your ideas and let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Ragnabrok

there is an option in the menu for a cleaning interval, it should be set to disabled. the machine does not need to clean mid-print, especially on short runs.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
If it is the rip stopping the print (now processing) it could be that you don't have enough free space on your computer for a scratch disk or your network connection is flaky.

The easiest is to make more room for a scratch disk on your computer. To clear all unused files click on the window icon lower right and in the search box type %temp% and then click on the temp folder. Delete all your files in the temp folder then empty the trash can. There will be a half dozen or so files you can't delete. It will depend on how long you computer has been up and how many programs you have open. This is where programs write temporary data and when they crash or if they are poorly written they leave files behind. I empty my half a dozen times a year and I just did it and had 39M of files.

If that doesn't work have fun trouble shooting the network.

temp.jpg