• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my printer is sick ... HELP PLEASE!!!

racershawn

Hi all I am new to this site and i just ran into a problem that someone might b able to help me with. I have a 46" prism jet extra that is the same as a mutoh outdoor ... well i was printing and the waste tank was filled up.... I just emptied it .... and i am almost out of ink .... any ideas.... oh and it is also printing bad ...... Thanks

rosebud

When this has happened to me..emptying of inks into the waste tank..it's been due to the little foam pads on top of the capping station swelling and touching the heads on the printer. Take a look in there and see if the pads are swelling..if so remove the top pads and then order a new maintainance station. If you haven't replaced it within the past 6 months you may be due for a change. I get mine at cmykparts.com You also may want to check to see if the heads seal well over the capping station when docked. If not, you'll want to do some adjustments to fix that. Hope this helps!:toasting:

Last edited:
Yup! I had the same problem once and I replaced the capping station and all was well.
I got mine from http://solventinkonline.com
I had just put in new carts of ink, left for the day and the next day I walked in to all 6 carts of ink all over the floor because the overflow tank overflowed...

racershawn

Thank you all!!! yup that looks like that is what is up.... sure lost alot of $$$ in ink but could have been worse ... thanks again .... this one great site!!!!