• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My printer sometimes reads the media smaller

mustafade

Hello Everyone,

Why the the printer reads the media smaller than what it is?
For instance, if the media is 54" typically it reads 53.22" or 53.30" or whatever you got the picture.

However sometimes it reads it 48" or so.
I thought the media holders got dirty so I wiped them clean, as well as the photo sensor.
But still every so often this problem occurs.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks

HulkSmash

that's not an issue. That's how it is with most printers. That's printable area. I would never print from edge to edge because of the fact that when you laminate it, if it drifts even a 1/10 of an inch, it's ruined... always give yourself room to play with...

gabagoo

I believe the reader will have an issue if you dont have enough material pulled through.
So for instance on mine you pull until you get that clicking sound and then lock the rollers down. Sometimes it is not far enough through and when the head goes to look for the edges it will have trouble reading it so close to the cut off end. I will pull more through let it read it and then move the head back to the front of the media.

It really can screw up with clear vinyl too!!