• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help My Roland Versacamm 540 has just quit printing. It's going through the motions like it's printing but doesn't leave a drop of ink.

rlsignco

My printer quit & I am not sure whats up, no error codes or anything.
I can still cut yesterdays stuff but I think it's done printing til we get this resolved.
Anybody have any advice.
I have a call in to a fixer but we will see how long that takes.
Thanks in advance!

damonCA21

Did you do anything to the printer before it stopped printing? My first thought would be an electrical fault has blown your fuses on the main board. If these blow the head will think its printing and no error codes, but no ink will come out. The other option could be a failed main board or print carriage board.

damonCA21

The fuses are on the main board in the back of the machine. You need to remove the cover on the rear where the main power cable goes in. The two ( or one depending on the exact model you have ) are tiny surface mounted ones. You will need a multimeter to test them for continuity.
If you search on here for blown roland fuses there are plenty of thread that should help you find and test them

rlsignco

Cutting just fine as I had printed some the other day I laminated & cutting right now.
The fuses are on the main board in the back of the machine. You need to remove the cover on the rear where the main power cable goes in. The two ( or one depending on the exact model you have ) are tiny surface mounted ones. You will need a multimeter to test them for continuity.
If you search on here for blown roland fuses there are plenty of thread that should help you find and test them
Trying this in the morning. Thanks & I will let you know if its a go. I did have a technician call & he said the same thing and because we are in the middle of nowhere they are willing to talk us thru it.

Terry01

If your print faded and not just stopped, I would be looking at dampers and ink supply.
A photo of your last print and a test print would be helpful.

damonCA21

If your print faded and not just stopped, I would be looking at dampers and ink supply.
A photo of your last print and a test print would be helpful.
Its very unusual for that to effect all channels, normally it would be one side failing