• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my Sign Planning Guide, from "TheSignExpert.Com"

Techman

I've heard you mention 7 pillars & I'm not sure what that means

Seven pillars means all the time using 7 different techniques to get calls . By themselves they do nothing. Together they all become greater than individual parts alone.

so if you have any advice to make my plans even more complete, don't hesitate to critique or expound on the plan so far.

I cannot offer anything more. You are in good hands. All I would worry about is the head line on the post card. And mail out at least 3 times minimum.

iSign

cool... thanks!

..so, I still plan to work on the postcard, and headline...

Stacy mentioned the negative feel to the declining sales arrow... but I've read & heard about identifying a "need" or a pain for my reader... and then addressing a solution...

...so, I certainly want to consider all opinions & wonder what others think about the possibility that the "Sales down? question is too negative...

I'm not sold on it at all, it was a complete about-face from my previous plan... so all feedback and suggestions are welcome.

The comment that 2 questions is awkward is another concern. I thought the "looking for a good sign" might be a subtle & catchy hook... but maybe it's more stupid than subtle, & more kitschy than catchy... opinions?

TheSellOut

It is a good hook by itself but not following a question, in my mind you are leaving too much up in the air! If your customer recieves that postcard, knows sales are down, but doesn't think they are looking for a sign, will just trash the card.

Offer a solution that will reel them in!

Looking for a good sign? We can help increase your sales with our new Sign Planning Guide!

GB2

Old Member
I don't have time for more now but I just wanted to say this is a really, really great program! The oddest thing struck me as I glanced quickly through the PDF, on your channel letter page it states that is the most cost effective advertising yet it is the most expensive. Was that a mistake or I am missing something?

iSign

that's a good point Heath...
I have the other side of the card to work with too... so at least the image of the guide has my name and logo... I could shorten my secondary copy & make it more hook-like I suppose...

Gary, I went and read that page. The line I think you are referring to was "lowest cost advertising compared to any other media"

That line was directly provided in the template, along with the disclaimer that statistics come from SBA and the ISA. I think the intent is a comparison between the one-time (expensive) purchase of channel letters which will last 10-20 years... compared to other "media" like Radio, TV or Print advertising which must be paid for continually in order to last 10 - 20 years. I don't believe it is intended as a comparison against the lower cost signs in the guide.

Jon Aston

Just popping in to say that it was really nice to read such positive comments from several people whom I both respect and admire.

Thanks for pointing me here, Doug - and for the plug.