• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my sp 540v mixes Yellow with Magenta

Silas

Hello from Greece

My sp540v has been a reliable workhorse for 4 years now but last week it stoped printing magenta. The test print pattern show the Y, K and Cy ok but where the magenta would show it has a dark yellow dark mustard like color. I have cleaned it and the deep yellow in place of magenta has turned orange. My shop is in a remote town and getting roland support here is slow and expensive. Please help :)

Thank you in advance

artbot

usually a clogged pump. you'll get some pooling in the cap and that color will leach up into the head a bit. you'll have to run an ink fill or pull some ink at the waste line for a bit on that cap tube to get the yellow out of your magenta head. just a bit of cross contamination.

i'd look into what caused the magenta to drop out. here maybe a clog in the pump, or a little clog right below the cap, or at the end of the waste line. to clean these, just pull your carriage off to the side. have a partner get a syringe on the waste line's end. and while you are slowly pouring cleaning solution down the cap, the partner is aggressively sucking it down the line with the syringe. ...also the damper is getting old and needs replacing. any printer that hasn't been serviced/cleaned for four years is ready for some extra line cleaning.