• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My thanks to Roland

JoshLoring

Our second machine- the XC-540 has been running for 6 years straight. Generally 6-7 days a week and unmanned via takeup roll.

I see so many people having issues with other printers and it makes me glad to have bought such a workhorse. In 6 years it has close to 1 million sf on it, and we've only replaced heads and a belt. Looks brand new and is manually cleaned 2-3x per week. Zero banding and always crisp solid colors and lines.

Take care of your machines, understand them- and they can run forever! Lol

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This is so true. It's not just about machinery, but anything. People take baths at least once a day, wash their hands when they're dirty or wipe after...............

We're just one huge fleshy machine, while our work machines need the same attention. If someone could invent a machine, that could clean up after itself.... like a kitty-litter box...... we'd probably turn it down, cause we'd say, we don't need that extra touch, but we'd not do the up-keep anyway.

Those doing the weekly and daily maintenance are surely gonna get more out of their machines than those who put it off for whatever reasons.

CS-SignSupply

I am going to print this thread and provide it with every printer we sell ! Maybe then they will believe what I tell them.

Jack Knight1979

I love my two Rolands as well, but my 745 is a touch problematic at times. It's a money maker for sure! I've had my 745 running nearly everyday since 2006 and it still runs like new. I'm about to put in my second scan motor. That's how much this thing runs.