• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My turn for logo bashing!

ABPGraphics

I have a customer that wants a logo created fast so he can get Hoodies made for his customers for christmas....this logo will need to reproduced with the embroidery process. His truck has a bunch of orange striping....I am not so much a logo creator as a logo duplicator.......Please be gentle.....any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. This is tough!......:omg:

Attachments

• rh.jpg
    rh.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 198

J Hill Designs

not bad...if you can make a 'soft' contour around the Trucking (instead of the ragged-ness of Rage Italic) it might look better

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I am not a big fan of Rage - I think it makes this word a bit tough to read. The r and u look so similar. If you can avoid the swoosh, it is a very overused graphic element

luggnut

i was gonna say you would catch crap about the swoosh (i did when i posted one) personally with the right design and usage i think you can use any design element that exisist. that being said i hate the Rage script too.

and i don't like the black shadow being cast upwards...

Joe Diaz

I agree with a lot of the comments above.

Here is a tip about contrast and colors. If you are doing a design on a white background, and you have a medium tone or light lettering with a black or dark boarder, subconsciously the mind tries to read the border first then the space with-in the border (the letters), because the border has stronger contrast than the lettering making it stick out more.

Now if the lettering had stronger contrast, (in this case black would be the strongest contrasting color to white, the background), and you went with a medium tone (your orange) for a border or drop shadow, the eye looks at the lettering first, thus making the message quicker to absorb. a white glow line will help separate the colors, which may also help it read better.

Now if your design was on a darker background color it might work much better than on white, otherwise try going with darker letters and use your medium color to accent the lettering.

rhett's_test.jpg

Dan Antonelli

Joe's layouts are showing a better example of color and contrast issues. Also, you should use an apostrophe instead of an foot mark.

Ken

I'm just thinking that the shadow/outline is too heavy. I really don't know the embroidery process...but I'm thinking fine detail ( minor spacing between letters) might be a problem.
Thanks Joe Diaz for those great comments.
Cheers!
Ken

rjpjr

I notice two things when I take a quick a glance at the attached thumbnail.
1. The second line of copy is not legible. Stand from your monitor or print the logo out and tape it to the wall across the room and then preview it...quickly. If you can't read it instantly, then it is back to the drawing board.
2. there is a large negative space between Rhett' and Trucking that really grabs me attention.

Here is my take...

Attachments

• Rhett's-2.jpg
    Rhett's-2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 160

ABPGraphics

I just have to say....you guys have alot of great things to say....they all make sense....I have alot to learn...thanks for all your input....REALLY!!!!!!!

Jillbeans

With a name like Rhett I had to go all cliché!
:rolleyes:
Love....Jill
(oops forgot the s)

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 186

Doyle

I agree with a lot of the comments above.

Here is a tip about contrast and colors. If you are doing a design on a white background, and you have a medium tone or light lettering with a black or dark boarder, subconsciously the mind tries to read the border first then the space with-in the border (the letters), because the border has stronger contrast than the lettering making it stick out more.

Now if the lettering had stronger contrast, (in this case black would be the strongest contrasting color to white, the background), and you went with a medium tone (your orange) for a border or drop shadow, the eye looks at the lettering first, thus making the message quicker to absorb. a white glow line will help separate the colors, which may also help it read better.

Now if your design was on a darker background color it might work much better than on white, otherwise try going with darker letters and use your medium color to accent the lettering.

View attachment 45956

:goodpost:

Mijeman

The shadow being to the upper right is a bit awkward...perhaps move it down to the bottom side instead. Are these the fonts you were told to go with? Definitely not my first choice...

signguy 55

I also have a problem with the shadow. In the old hand lettering days we would 99% of the time go to the bottom left. The colors are too strong, possibly make the shadow a gray (remember it's a SHADOW). At least a white outline to separate the colors, not sure how to embroider so you may be limited in that.

Also, my rule of thumb is if a word has an shadow, the effect needs to be carried over if possible to the other word. Possibly put it in a ribbon to make it pop a little.

Just my thoughts.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I agree too, rjp's looks good. Possibly try a little outline for a little more contrast without taking away from the legibility.

rhetts.jpg