Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Turn!

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Ladypainter, May 10, 2004.

1. Ladypainter

Ladypainter Member

Mar 11, 2004
    :help:

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Jen Goodwin

Jen Goodwin Active Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Maine
    Elbjorg Script :wink: Actually, yours looks a little cleaner.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2004
  3. Ladypainter

Ladypainter Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Thanks Jen!

It's awfully close...which program do you have it in? I don't have it in any of mine here at work...will try at home. They may have to supply me with the font.

Thanks again!

4. Ladypainter

Ladypainter Member

Mar 11, 2004
    I don't have it here either...

Looks like I may be scanning. I tried to track down the creator of the file today, but did not have much luck. We shall see...

LP

5. Jen Goodwin

Dec 17, 2003
    Maine
    It's a free font. Run a search for 'elbjorg font', you'll find it. Seems as though it's a knock off of a commercial font though, I just don't know what the commercial version is.

6. Ladypainter

Ladypainter Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Ahhhhhhh...that would make sense...

What do you think about doing a little negative outline? Maybe I should wait to see if I can get the original file or font????

7. Ladypainter

Ladypainter Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Thanks a lot, Jen...It comes up awfully fat looking...I might try to do a minus outline tomorrow, but there's a lot of differences when you get close. I think I will give the people another day to give me the art or font, and then try something with this one...

Have a good evening...LP

8. Jen Goodwin

Dec 17, 2003
    Maine
    It looks a lot more condensed also. Tweaked with the s & the g attached. Maybe inspired with a little of the font Marigold, also? The 'g' from Marigold is more like what you have in yours. I didn't find anything closer anywhere I have to look. If you do find out what the commercial font is, let us know. There's always room for one more...my fonts get lonely, they need friends. :smile:
    Hi, My name is Jen, I am a fontaholic. (Thank You So Much Letterhead Fonts :thumb:, my new favorite is the one I just purchased from Letterhead fonts, Esoteric 3 - It's sooooo beautiful.)

9. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    I agree Jen, Letterhead fonts are awesome. I like Esoteric, hope to purchase some there soon. Sarah Script is another that I'd like to get. I like the package deals they offer, although the whole group would be nice to have.

George

10. Jen Goodwin

Dec 17, 2003
    Maine
    I bought the script package...it has ephemera, pilsner, sarah script, stanford script and others. This has been invaluable, what a great collection!

11. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

Boy .. i feel like a sucker :biggrin: ... two months ago i bought Sarah Script, and last weekend i bought Pilsner ... I dont even want to chek the price dif because it will make me feel even smaller lol!

Now im just waiting for a project to come up so i can buy Boston Truckstyle. I love that font.

12. Ladypainter

Ladypainter Member

Mar 11, 2004
    May never know the font...I finally got a vector file today. YAYYYYYYYY