• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Value Jets keep Buckiling and Head Striking

GrantX01

I was wondering if anyone knows why my 1304 and my 1614 keep lifting in the back to one side then head striking? I have been trying different things to fix it and have had know luck. Here are some pics to show you what happening

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

Offsite pics replaced. Please observe our rules on photo posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

CS-SignSupply

What material? Are you unrolling any slack from the roll before printing?

*** Here is a pic for all to see

Attachments

• IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 61

CS-SignSupply

Sounds like the core in the roll may be out of round and can cause the roll to get loose or unwound looser on one end...

GrantX01

I do notice it happens on different rolls, some I can run 1800 inchs no prob others it happens after several hundred inches. It will also lifts in the back that I get the end of roll error when it left off the sensor.

CS-SignSupply

Funny question but is your printer level? I have seen rolls move left or right when being printed and therefore will cause the material to buckle or raise off the platen on one side. If the printer is level, bubble between the two lines :) , then I would suspect the roll itself is out of round a little.

GrantX01

Ya I made sure it was level, it does sway in and out but not much and I think that is normal. I do store my material standing up do you think that could have somthing to do with it?

CS-SignSupply

I doubt it. The next time you notice it, take a picture of each end of the media, showing the ends to see if one side is slightly more unraveled than the other...

GrantX01

Here is a pic of another roll I have they all look the same to me I have about 6 I house now

Offsite pics replaced. Please observe our rules on photo posting.

Attachments

• Material.jpg
    Material.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:

Stealth Ryder

That makes no sense... How are your heaters set and what type of media?
Are you doing or using anything different from before when it worked fine?
Something has to have changed in the scenario...

I would expect you are using the take up, with the lengths you are talking about. Make sure the take up is level. This will cause the media to jog to one side.

On the 1614 you have a little metal piece on both rear feed media brackets. They have 2 screws on them. Losen the screws and engage the locks, then tighten them back up. This will prevent the roll from free spooling. I have found this to help on most materials running straight. You might have to free them up on heavy rolls.

randya

Loading or media
To check loading

Place a piece of tape on the platen under the media sticking out from the media.
Make a mark at the edge of the media.
Feed out about 5 ft and check your mark, should be right on.