• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Versacamm is getting messy

Drip Dry

Last couple of weeks my Versacam is dropping alot of ink droplets on the print. It mostly drops it in the area where the carriage stops and starts it's return to the home station. But it also drops it on the print ( usually ruining the print)
When I put it into the cleaning mode, I can look up at the heads and everything is clean. When I wipe around the heads with a swab, it comes out dry. ( no ink)

I've noticed that the sponge is full of ink. I did'nt replace it but I did blot it clean with a paper towel. Not sure if that helped because it started doing it again after a short run. I've changed the wipers.
I thought I remember the tech told me once that you should be able to pour a small amount of cleaning fluid in the capping stations, and it should drain. Mine dosn't... it just puddles there. ( i'm not sure about this)
Any ideas
thanks
JT

mark in tx

You need to look at the T-sponge under the misting pad, and the big white pads under the T-sponge.
Those need to be replaced regularly.

How old is the machine, and have the capping stations ever been replaced?
I replace mine every 6-9 months.

Drip Dry

Is the waste bottle full?Check that the line is not plugged. Have you cleaned the wiper scraper?
The bottle was full. Maybe the line is plugged..I'll check
The wipers are new.

Change the sponge?

I'll order and replace

You need to look at the T-sponge under the misting pad, and the big white pads under the T-sponge.
Those need to be replaced regularly.

How old is the machine, and have the capping stations ever been replaced?
I replace mine every 6-9 months.

Mark, Can you elaborate on this... Is the t-sponge that is referred to in the above post? what is the misting pad?

Machine is 2 1/2 years old. Are capping stations something I should be able to do, or do I need a tech ?

threeputt

My guess is that its a bad pump. There's a newly designed pump for these printers. ask your tech about it.

Don't know about that. I've got the new pumps installed and mine will do that occasionally. Usually the maintenance cleaning is all it takes. I always blot the sponge to take up excess ink, but I think the real problem could stem from threads or little wisps of banner scrim get stuck to the print heads, and then begin to drip/drop when they saturate.

Usually this happens after running a bunch of banners. I usually just maintenance the machine and it's a fix.

Drip Dry

Thanks everyone.
Changed the sponge and t-sponge
Also found the wiper scraper was broken. The half that wasn't broken was all crudded up (looked and felt like steel wool was growing from the scraper)
Thanks again
JT

Mac34

They replaced my pump on my SP300 for free. I guess there were issues with the older one's, and they upgraded it for me. I've had droppage issues from time to time, but running a clean or two usually takes care of the problem.