• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my vision

Fanaticus

for the past several months I keep seeing something out of the corner of my eyes. Sometimes I see it from my left eye, sometimes from my right. I can only describe it as appearing like heat waves above a hot road. Only I'm not seeing it above the road. This happens in my house, mostly in the lower level and in the master bedroom. Also this is happening a lot in my production area while working. Not so much anywhere else, but occasionally will happen anywhere. Sometimes these 'heatwaves' are darker in appearance, sometimes mostly transparent, sometimes kind of a dull white. Always appearing just out of the corner of my eyes and when I look in the direction it's appearing in there is nothing there. When I look back away sometimes it reappears.
It is not large, but seems to be about the size of a basketball, a bit larger or smaller depending on the distance it's appearing at. I see it when lights are on bright and also when it's almost completely dark.

I do not see it when other people are with me.

Any takes on this?

ThinkRight

for the past several months I keep seeing something out of the corner of my eyes. Sometimes I see it from my left eye, sometimes from my right. I can only describe it as appearing like heat waves above a hot road. Only I'm not seeing it above the road. This happens in my house, mostly in the lower level and in the master bedroom. Also this is happening a lot in my production area while working. Not so much anywhere else, but occasionally will happen anywhere. Sometimes these 'heatwaves' are darker in appearance, sometimes mostly transparent, sometimes kind of a dull white. Always appearing just out of the corner of my eyes and when I look in the direction it's appearing in there is nothing there. When I look back away sometimes it reappears.
It is not large, but seems to be about the size of a basketball, a bit larger or smaller depending on the distance it's appearing at. I see it when lights are on bright and also when it's almost completely dark.

I do not see it when other people are with me.

Any takes on this?

I heard about this on Coast to Coast :help

/ Jut kidding
Go to the doctor asap
Vision problems , floaters , sensitivity to light could be a major health problem.
Usually blood pressure related.
But it could also be nothing , don't take any chances.

round man

sounds like time for an eye exam,...better be safe than sorry like I ended up being,...in this biz your eyesight means everything,..don't ask me how I came by this pearl of wisdom,...

Blood Pressure, macro degeneration, brain tumor, or your about to have a major migraine. Asked my dad (Doctor) he said these are your probable causes. All reasons you should go see a doctor.

He also said if you started any different blood pressure medicine recently you should stop immediately and go see a doctor.

In any case just go to the damn doctor.

If I had trouble seeing and blurry stuff happening I wouldn't wait a second.

Do you want to be blind?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Blood Pressure, macro degeneration, brain tumor, or your about to have a major migraine. ...

The term is 'macular degeneration'. 'Macro degeneration' is when some code you created for Excel stops working.

OldPaint

how old are you?
when did this start?
iam starting to develop cataracts(iam 67)i seem to have something like that outa my right eye. my left eye had a stroke in the optic nerve when i had the open heart surgery, dec 2010. i have almost no peripheral vision in my left eye, straight ahead vision is still good.
also since you say its happening when your alone, but not when people are around, might be something psychological. your brain is working at something, but when your around people........they have your FULL attention.

shakey0818

Seriously, some things are not meant to be asked in a sign forum, go see your doctor

This is not to bash you wwpro its ment to not scare people off from seeking help in any situation they are in.

First of all this is General Chit Chat,and second why not discus it here?Many people have gone through all kinds of medical and personal experiences and we have often been lucky to hear from them.Maybe he is just getting a feeling for things before he goes to the doctors.

I don't have any medical problems but i have often read posts by Joe (OP),Big Dog and Al Checka and have learned allot and have been able to to feel closer to them having heard their stories.

This kinda thing is what makes this forum stand out from the rest.Many of us who we may never have met have a close bond from sharing many things related to and not related to signs.

Good luck to the OP.I hope all is well.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I was experiencing similar ... mostly from sunlight coming through our front window at my extreme right. Ophthalmologist says it is the light hitting on the edge of very early stage cataracts.

SD&F

Go to the Doctor.....don't mess with your health. We can procrastinate on many things, not your health.

gabagoo

I sometimes suffer from my vision being blurry or blurry in an area that I am not directly looking at. It comes and goes. I went to an eye doctor and was told I had had dry lids and she gave me these moist towelettes that you rub on your eyeball. They are painless and can be bought in any drugstore.
Can't say it is the same thing you are experiencing but you never know.

Atomic DNA

I thought I was the only one that listens ton Coast2Coast. Been listening to that show religiously for the last ten years every night. I see dead people.

genericname