• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mysterious fonts appearing in Corel Draw

Jean Shimp

For some reason I have gotten about 200 new unsolicited fonts that show up in my Corel font drop down when I am entering text and choosing a font. An example is "Z@rff.tmp" and they all are bunched together in the Corel font drop down list. I don't know where they came from or how to get rid of them. I tried looking in my control panel/fonts and they don't show up there. Tried looking in Windows/temp folder and they are not there either. I can't delete them on the drop down list. I really need them gone. Any suggestions on where they are residing on my computer so I can delete them? Thanks.

scrip

you have some filters for the fonts in corel 2017
it may be that uninstalled fonts are showing on your drop down menu

letterman7

Depending on what computer and OS you're using, simply locate the C drive (most common), open it, locate the Windows folder (if using Windows), open that, then locate the "Fonts" folder. Open that folder, find your unwanted fonts, select and delete.

Jean Shimp

Depending on what computer and OS you're using, simply locate the C drive (most common), open it, locate the Windows folder (if using Windows), open that, then locate the "Fonts" folder. Open that folder, find your unwanted fonts, select and delete.
I tried that but the bad fonts do not show up on that list. I can't figure out where they can be. They also appear in Microsoft Word text drop down. I am guessing that they somehow got on my computer when I went to the free font sites and downloaded some other fonts. I know these font were not always there.

Roto

do you know of a solution to eliminate these fonts?
Make your font settings as the attached and all should be good.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

Jean Shimp

Thanks for all the responses - I learned some things. The mystery is now solved. I did a reboot and all the tmp fonts went away. The thing is that since I do a lot of work at home I keep my computer running 24/7 at the shop to access it remotely. I am guessing those temp fonts must have been attached to some files I imported. Without turning off the computer, they must just accumulate (I am just guessing).

WildWestDesigns

The mystery is now solved. I did a reboot and all the tmp fonts went away. The thing is that since I do a lot of work at home I keep my computer running 24/7 at the shop to access it remotely.

I know this won't help for this particular situation, but it might down the road.

Since you like to keep your computers running (I do as well with the exception of my VMs, but my host OSs I do), you could use the built in "disc cleanup" utility to clear out a bunch of junk that accumulates. Handy for freeing up the C drive especially.

In Windows Explorer go to My Computer -> Right Click on the C Drive -> Click on Properties -> Click on Disc Cleanup and then just choose what options you want to take care of. Won't have to do a restart either.

If this is the first time, there could actually be GBs of stuff that it frees up. Shadow copies, logs, temp files etc. I actually do this quite a bit (daily at minimum). It sounds like a lot of work, but once in the habit, it's nothing really.