Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Myths, Magic Bullets and Easy Buttons

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Fred Weiss, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Velocity

Velocity Member

Aug 6, 2006
    I had the best mullet in high school. LOL

2. Bogie

Bogie Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    What I learned early on was that one needs to learn the capabilities, and limitations, of one's equipment, and then work within that.

In addition, with learning about how "signs" works, as opposed to just printing on various papers, I'm learning about a WIDE variety of substrates.

This is what we get paid for.

3. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

I STILL HAVE MINE)))))))))))))))))))))))

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2008
  4. Velocity

Velocity Member

Aug 6, 2006
    I dont know if im impressed or jealous. Grin.

5. activitydude

activitydude Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I like your attitudes! That's one of the "fun" parts of selling software. There are dozens of BMS software suppliers but not one that does it all for you or is "perfect" for your situation. :) That's why we compete.

6. Wowee18

Wowee18 Member

Feb 6, 2008
    I thought it was impossible to "prove" that something DOES NOT exist... you know, like the yetti, nessie, etc...

7. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    A popular belief usually but not necessarily true. There are many examples of proving a negative. They often tend to esoterica but they are valid nonetheless, and thus show that it's not an impossibility.

It has to do with the inherent deductive nature of proof as opposed to the infinitely more useful induction and the theory of confirmation and explanation.

8. Digital_Dan

Digital_Dan Member

Feb 19, 2008
    This thread is very deep (in detail) and very knowledgeable. Fred you are spot on! Also, everything that "bob" posted is pinpoint perfected. Nice work fellas.

OldPaint - that hair works for you, but I know I couldn't pull it off :)