• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

N.Glantz 130z Oracal banner: Head strikes

tamias

We've ordered some 130z Oracal banner material (gloss) from N.Glantz (Kansas City). It's cheaper than the normal Peek we usually use, so we decided to try some out. With every single banner we digitally print onto that material....head strikes appear comparably the same distance. It looks like the ink is just sitting on top and not penatrating. We're using a new Roland printer, and never have had this major of a head strike issue. Has anyone else had any problems with this Oracal? Just curious. In the future we won't be ordering anymore of that material. Cheaper isn't always better for cutting corners.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What does Glantz or Oracal have to do with you doing something wrong ??

• Do you have the correct profiles ??
  • Do you have the correct head height adjusted ??
  • What is the part number ??

As the first poster suggested, I'm unaware of any 13oz banner material from Oracal.

make sure your using the correct media clamps for the banner material, you need to use the longer ones and also up the head hight to. if your material is in crocked that will cause it to buckle after a while and you will get a slight hump/bump on one side, that will cause a head strike. make sure before you load the material its dead straight and use the media roller clamps on the rear to hold the material in line so its goes into the machine true and straight. that way you shouldn't get any head strikes regardless of what material you use or from what manufacturer.
like the others i haven't ever heard of oracal making a banner material.

drive

yes, not exaclty sure about the heater setup on rolands, but we run banners with post heat only on all our printers. this has helped us alot!