• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Name change

C

ColoPrinthead

That sounds like some hung over kid I'd pay $12 an hour to hem banners for me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't think that's a very good idea. We're ALL helping here at s101. Why should you be any different ?? Besides, who wants the nickname hamburger helper or sign helper ?? In my opinion, you'd lose credibility by changing your name so quickly.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
What name to use? Here is my situation. My interests are all on the management side of your sign making business. The technical side, there are plenty of other resources for that. Management topics such as improving interpersonal people skills, like listening, asking clarifying questions. I am interested in marketing topics. I especially like talking about retaining your favorite clients and getting referrals. I really enjoy helping sign makers develop videos. Those are just a few, but maybe that will give you enough so that you might suggest an appropriate Signs101 name.

Andy D

"Sign Shop Helper" sounds like you go around to sign shops and do a little table work, sweep and take out the trash.
I don't see anything wrong with Mentor, it tells people what you do in your name... if anything, lose the "shop" - "Sign Business Mentor" or "Sign Business Consultant"

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can change your name in your profile but it only allows you to do it once. Does it show up as an option for you?

Mike Drysdale

Hi Robert: How about "Robert Armerding, Sign Shop Mentor". I like the idea of presenting you as a person and a little about what you do.

Mike

Moze

Precision Sign Services
What name to use? Here is my situation. My interests are all on the management side of your sign making business. The technical side, there are plenty of other resources for that. Management topics such as improving interpersonal people skills, like listening, asking clarifying questions. I am interested in marketing topics. I especially like talking about retaining your favorite clients and getting referrals. I really enjoy helping sign makers develop videos. Those are just a few, but maybe that will give you enough so that you might suggest an appropriate Signs101 name.

For what it's worth, I think this would have been a perfect introductory post when you joined.

As far as a name, I think using your own shows transparency.

Johnny Best

New book out... keep the name.
newbook.jpg

C

ColoPrinthead

kind of looks like he is blowing chunks after eating too much candy.