• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Name Change

Stagecraft

Not really a new member, just changing my username to reflect what I do now.
Formerly I was known as "stargategfx" as I ran the graphics department for MGM's Stargate television series for fifteen years.
The show was cancelled a couple of years ago and I've been freelancing, working for several different television and film productions.
I've recently acquired my own building and will now be operating as Stagecraft Film Services, essentially doing the same thing as I have for many years with the exception that I now have a brick and mortar location to work from. We're a union shop (IATSE Local 891) that works solely within Vancouver's film and television industry supplying signage, print and cnc services. - Boyd

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, welcome, welcome again/back or howdy from Pennsylvania..........................

Malkin

Mmmm loved me some Stargate. There were definitely times that I noticed some decent sign related graphics in the show, nice job!

Glad you're still in the industry.

Ken

Yes..welcome again. I'd also like to peek my head in the door if I'm in the Vancouver area.
Cheers!
Ken

Stagecraft

Geez if I knew everone was going to be so friendly I'd change names more often!
You're all welcome to drop in although the film industry is a rollercoaster ride with either lots going on or not much at all, so it'll all be in the timing.
Malkin, we did have quite a bit of fun with alien text...the Ancients alphabet is readable and believe me, there's more than a few hidden messages in old episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis, even a few on Universe.
If you check my website you may see a few behind the scenes shots on the homepage slideshow. www.stagecraftfilm.com