• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Name my boat internet site - prices way too low

player

Some people don't have a clue about business. What it really costs to run. They have no idea what to charge or why to charge it.

bigblocktrader

attachment.php
$300.00 - 20 min install - 3165RA 210 lam - aprox 100" long - cap letter 10" tall
and I work out of my home weekends

dont know how that picture got so big sorry

Attachments

• 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 198

OldPaint

doing work for boat people.........
1. OWNING A BOAT COST MONEY!!!!!!
2. PEOPLE WHO OWN BOATS ..........THEREFORE HAVE EXPENDABLE INCOME!!!!!
3.BOAT LETTERING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SIZE OF LETTERS, VINYL OR PAINT.
4. YOU CHARGE FOR LETTERING FOR SAID BOAT
.............BY THE FOOT!!!!!!!!
5.EXAMPLE..........20-28 FOOT TRANSOM AT LEAST $10 A FOOT=$200-280!!!!!! BOTH SIDES $10 A RUNNING FOOT........$400-$560.
6.30 FT TO 60 FOOT...........TRANSOMS...........$20 A FOOT =30 FOOT WOULD BE $500, 60 FOOT $1200............THEY CAN AFFORED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7........YACHTS....................$40 A FOOT...........AND $100 FOR GOLD LEAF!!!!!!
MALA COSA, 34' HATTERAS..............calendered vinyl(works better on boats, doesnt skuff like HP DOES) 1990..............$400.00
LADY DI.........28'.......BOUT SAME TIME.........$350(all paint)
RISEN STAR(owner also owned the race house by the same name)44' 3 deck......
all paint star is vinyl. $450.00

Attachments

• BADTHING.jpg
    BADTHING.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 93
  • lady di.jpg
    lady di.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 105
  • RISEN STAR.jpg
    RISEN STAR.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 83

OldPaint

then there are AIR BOATS..........did this on both rudders...$$$$$$ air brushed.........
and mud bog racers(google naples fl. mud boggs)...$$$$$ air brushed...

Attachments

• air boat rudder.jpg
    air boat rudder.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 103
  • mud racer.jpg
    mud racer.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 107

OldPaint

thanks..B***H))))))...............i got paid well for them, the guys with the money.....LOVED EM..as for youre opinion(like aholes, everyone got one)........HA...........as for my mullet...........IAM PRETTY...YOU AINT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i will be 71 in 5 days..........hope you make it this far hahahahahahahaha

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    272 KB · Views: 105

TheSnowman

Too low, but dang, I'd love to just do the production end and have no proofs to do, no back and fourth with the customer, and payment up front w/o having to beg for it every time.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
thanks..B***H))))))...............i got paid well for them, the guys with the money.....LOVED EM..as for youre opinion(like aholes, everyone got one)........HA...........as for my mullet...........IAM PRETTY...YOU AINT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i will be 71 in 5 days..........hope you make it this far hahahahahahahaha
I know you remember this one )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
attachment.php

Attachments

• mullet.jpg
    mullet.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 139

decalman

They ship it.

The web has all kinds of graphics and lettering services, catering to the budget minded. Nice little site. Clean, and organized. I bet they don't get a boatload of hits. They are far from the ocean. ( Tenn.) so why not specialize in something online, and ship it.
Lots of cheap people have boats too, and they shop for price.

They charge 18.50 for numbers. I just did some, and at 3" it was about 30" across. It took a couple of minutes. I must say however, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I would hate to have to make a living waiting for boat-lettering jobs.
:munchie:

OldPaint

I lived in SARASOTA, FL. i might be mistake, but the BOAT REGISTRATION there for many years........were higher then VEHICLES..........and boat lettering was a lot of my work for 19 years i lived there. my biggest competition there was not price.......it was good looking redhead gal.............who went to letter boats(painting the lettering)in a 2 PIECE BIKINI)))))) and she filled it very nicely))))

CanuckSigns

I lived in SARASOTA, FL. i might be mistake, but the BOAT REGISTRATION there for many years........were higher then VEHICLES..........and boat lettering was a lot of my work for 19 years i lived there. my biggest competition there was not price.......it was good looking redhead gal.............who went to letter boats(painting the lettering)in a 2 PIECE BIKINI)))))) and she filled it very nicely))))

Is this the origin story of the green speedo? Cause if it is I feel like you made a poor business decision.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
attachment.php
$300.00 - 20 min install - 3165RA 210 lam - aprox 100" long - cap letter 10" tall
and I work out of my home weekends

dont know how that picture got so big sorry

At least you're closer on price than the site would have been, but 3165 is not a vinyl that I would have put on a boat.

OldPaint

Is this the origin story of the green speedo? Cause if it is I feel like you made a poor business decision.
sorry......to inform ya.........the green speedo didnt happen till 2005 in pensacola, fl.
how it came to be wasnt just for the picture. Sunday, July 10th, 2005, i had most of the sheeting on a metal building i had started to build before IVAN(SEPT 2004) hurricane DENISE was headed here. i got up early that morning so i could finish securing the fascia trim on the roof so the wind wouldnt get under the roof panels. while doing this on a 16 ft ladder, with a 110V electric screw drill in a plastic bag(to keep the rain off it)i was wearing regular shorts..........now going up and down a ladder.........the wet shorts would stick to my skin, making it hard to climb the ladder. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i went in the house and put on an old pair of speedos.......to make the climbing the ladder easier. what i didnt get a picture of was me in SPEEDO ............with a tool belt))))))

signsofparadise

Probably has Full Time job

Probably has a Full Time job with benefits... this is their hobby. Just makes the trade look bad. Certainly not living large off this arrangement... Free Country though, no one holding a gun to their head - contributing his part to the big race to the bottom.

rossmosh

Probably has a Full Time job with benefits... this is their hobby. Just makes the trade look bad. Certainly not living large off this arrangement... Free Country though, no one holding a gun to their head - contributing his part to the big race to the bottom.

I actually disagree. I bet they have very cheap labor. If they have someone working for them making $8-10/hr, it's pretty easy to make that labor profitable.

Given how comfortable people are with computers now, it's not really all that crazy to expect a $10/hr employee to be able to produce really basic vinyl work.