• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Name suggestions for gift sign? (pottery maker)

Jillbeans

My daughter and I were recently given some really nice gifts from a local potter. Is that the term?
He does not have a business, he is a teacher and making clay items on the wheel has been his hobby for over 40 years. He makes three-handled drinking mugs, moustache cups, piggy banks, and these cool pots with stars cut in them so a candle's light shines out in a pattern. I would like to make him a little painted sign in return.
The only name I can think of is Dahlberg's Dirt, and that sounds really cheesy.
His name is Bob, and he signs his pieces with the initials RAD. I don't know him very well.
Any suggestions?
:thankyou:
Love....Jill
PS
Sorry if this is a stupid topic but I am creatively bankrupt today.

Attachments

• p.jpg
    p.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 87

zmatalucci

The Mad Potter
Happy Potter
The wheel potter
Jolleying Bobs Pottery (jolleying is a pottery term)
I don't know?

signgal

You MUST use "rad", Jill... it's begging you to use it! ROFL

RAD pottery by Bob
Bob's RAD pottery
RADery?!

LOL my sis-in-law has taken to the same creative outlet and has a great name... I call her stuff

"Gilda Originals" LOL I should make her a sign too :)

ndemond

Allegheny Mud Pottery

I have one by me : Mississippi Mud run by my old pottery teacher in high school also and ex hippy.

Nancy

OldPaint

HAND THROWN .........POTTERY
BY RAD.
me thinks you need to make the point of HAND THROWN, so people dont confuse his place with a MOLD POURING POTTERY, sometimes called ceramics........
and you really got to do the lettering in a totally freehand loose style, adds to the "hand thrown" hand made look.