• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

name to type of design (tattoo)

slappy

I know that this isn't sign related, so i'm posting in the general chit chat. But i found a tattoo i really want and was wondering if anyone knows what type of design this is?
I've heard of demask, paisley and others thrown out here on occasion, so i was wondering if this had a name also so maybe i could find something to print and take with me.

Thanks in advance :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Attachments

• d7fdc217d070edeef5fd6b80a16c38c5.jpg
    d7fdc217d070edeef5fd6b80a16c38c5.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 115

JBusch260

I don't know if there is necessarily a name for that style of tattoo, aside from simply a black and white floral pattern. The only actual types I can think of naming are traditional, Japanese, tribal, caricature, etc... I think OP is closest with a middle east / eastern european look to it, but I think it would most likely be classified, if anything, as custom black and white. Correct me if I'm wrong!

I think that's a beautiful design. Would love to see finished pics when it is done!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I know that this isn't sign related, so i'm posting in the general chit chat. But i found a tattoo i really want and was wondering if anyone knows what type of design this is?
I've heard of demask, paisley and others thrown out here on occasion, so i was wondering if this had a name also so maybe i could find something to print and take with me.

Instead of a tattoo you might consider a bumper sticker. Then when you no longer think that it's just the best thing ever, and that time will come, you can scrape it off your bumper.

slappy

thank you OP... i'll take any leads to try to find something close. I found mandala to be the closest for the name of it and did find the artist. Thanks

peavey123

Instead of a tattoo you might consider a bumper sticker. Then when you no longer think that it's just the best thing ever, and that time will come, you can scrape it off your bumper.

Someone obviously doesn't have any tattoos. lol

Tim Aucoin

That is sweet looking! It will suit you well :smile:

Oh really? You claim to know "that time will come" huh? Must be nice to know everything about everyone!! :banghead: I love my ink, and I'm pretty sure that time will never come when I regret it!! :cool:

slappy

i will post when i get it. I have my tattoo guy working on it now :smile: Called a mandala and it was drawn out by Gut Le and here is a awesome video i found on the piece. http://vimeo.com/29992839

Bob, i got tattoo fever! I just got both of my wrist done after the new years and now working on my sleeve :)

Tim thank you! People said the same about my wrist tats too... one says "you are my sunshine" with a sun and the other "when skies are gray" with 2 bird silhouettes representing my deceased grandparents... My grandmother(RIP1999) taught me the song and my grandpa (RIP2007) called me sunshine. Took me years to come up with the idea of what i wanted for them, idea finally came after her 10 passing this past new years day.

Yes the photoshop one is awesome, just not my style! lol Neither is the monkey LMAO! And i would agree, would hate lint lol

Thanks all! :loveya:

JBusch260

Oh really? You claim to know "that time will come" huh? Must be nice to know everything about everyone!! :banghead: I love my ink, and I'm pretty sure that time will never come when I regret it!! :cool:

+1 to that Tim. I've got great tattoos that mean a lot to me, and always will. Even my dumb tattoos serve a special purpose to me, if only to think back to what made laugh about getting them. They are great points to reflect who you were at the various stages in your life.

phototec

i will post when i get it. I have my tattoo guy working on it now :smile: Called a mandala and it was drawn out by Gut Le and here is a awesome video i found on the piece. http://vimeo.com/29992839

Bob, i got tattoo fever! I just got both of my wrist done after the new years and now working on my sleeve :)

Tim thank you! People said the same about my wrist tats too... one says "you are my sunshine" with a sun and the other "when skies are gray" with 2 bird silhouettes representing my deceased grandparents... My grandmother(RIP1999) taught me the song and my grandpa (RIP2007) called me sunshine. Took me years to come up with the idea of what i wanted for them, idea finally came after her 10 passing this past new years day.

Yes the photoshop one is awesome, just not my style! lol Neither is the monkey LMAO! And i would agree, would hate lint lol

Thanks all! :loveya:

Great video, Guy Le looks to be a awesome tat artist. Are you going for the same arm placement?

:thumb:

slappy

Yup. Same part of the arm... video didn't look too painful... but I'm sure it will feel just dandy there. Can't wait!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
...Oh really? You claim to know "that time will come" huh? Must be nice to know everything about everyone!! :banghead: I love my ink, and I'm pretty sure that time will never come when I regret it!! :cool:

Never having met a fellow human who wasn't a practicing moron that cleaved to a particular philosophy for a lifetime I can state that for virtually all normal beings, most certainly that time will come.

It is a mandala. From wiki...

Mandala (Sanskrit: मण्डल Maṇḍala, 'circle') is a spiritual and ritual symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism, representing the Universe.[SUP][1][/SUP] The basic form of most mandalas is a square with four gates containing a circle with a center point. Each gate is in the general shape of a T.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] Mandalas often exhibit radial balance.[SUP][4]

[/SUP]
[SUP]Oops! I just caught the part where you said you already figured it out.[/SUP]

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Maybe start another thread on the merits & pitfalls of tattoos so as to not derail this one.
I'm interested in what sign people think about permanent branding......

wayne k
guam usa