• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NAPA parts

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Nothing to do with signs (like most of my posts) but I know there are a good number of wrench turners here.
The attached photo is of a set of rack and pinion mount bushings I purchased from Napa.
The vehicle (Nissan Pathfinder) had a loose steering issue and the old ones were worn out.
This is what they looked like after less than a month of use. Left is the passenger side and right is the driver's.
The right is completely delaminating - turning to plastic flakes. I figured maybe oil contamination was breaking it down but it was dry compared to the passenger side that is in much better shape.
Napa said they couldn't do anything (I did think they would) so I have a second set in there now
They are made in China but are a Napa branded part (Nissan did not have the OEM parts in stock).
So the moral of the story is either - 'You get what you pay for' and or 'Drive carefully on Napa branded suspension parts.'
rack-bushings.jpg

visual800

rock auto, A1 Auto is your friend. NAPA can suck it. bought starter from them, remanufactured. Starter did not work took starter back and they would not give a refund only store credit.

On your situation where they wont stand behind this part I would blast them on social media that will get their attention, thats just absolutely sad a part would disintergrate in that short of time