• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NAS For Small Business

WildWestDesigns

I went with a Qnap TS-469-Pro and loaded it with (4) WD 4 TB drives. Gives me 12 TB addressable in a raid array. Just using it as a file server at the moment, but it's pre loaded to be used as a web server, ftp server, security camera recorder, etc.

It's a pretty good system, the server itself has been rock solid. My only complaint is transfer times, better with the computers that are plugged into to the hub via ethernet, but a few machines are connecting through WiFi and can be pretty slow.

Still, it was money well spent.

No issues with wifi speeds on the TS 869L that we have.

I really dig the embedded Linux OS that they have. Integrates very nicely with firefox, not so much with Safari though. Tested it on Alicia's MacBook Pro and it just didn't behave the same, but considering all I use are Win 7 and 1 Win 8 tablet, it does just fine.

Donny7833

WildWest,

I suppose it could be the router, do you mind me asking which hub your using? Im running a D-Link DIR-655.

xxaxx

We use FREENAS on an old server and then I have the NAS and all of the design data backed up to crashplan so that there is a cloud backup as well. We were using backblaze, but they don't support NAS setups, so that's why we made the switch to crashplan. Its a good setup for us, it allows easy access to files from anywhere and keeps us fully backed up.