• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NAS Hard Drive Help!

rcook99

I am looking at getting an NAS ethernet drive. I am looking at the Seagate Black Armour 1T & 2T drives and would like some input on other possibilities. I have been reading about the Seagate NAS 110 and there are a lot of complaints about it. Does anyone use the Seagate or any other style NAS drive? Any help with these drives will be helpful.

Thanks,
RC

choucove

I did some research recently into some of the different NAS devices available and actually ended up choosing the HP HomeMedia LX195 media server. It's not really a NAS, but a basic file server. I was really quite impressed with it, especially for the cost since it is about the same as an entry-level NAS.

As for actual NAS devices, I have not really owned one myself to give first-hand advice, but I have heard good things about Thecus NAS devices.