Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAS Hard Drive Help!

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by rcook99, Jun 9, 2010.

1. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    I am looking at getting an NAS ethernet drive. I am looking at the Seagate Black Armour 1T & 2T drives and would like some input on other possibilities. I have been reading about the Seagate NAS 110 and there are a lot of complaints about it. Does anyone use the Seagate or any other style NAS drive? Any help with these drives will be helpful.

Thanks,
    RC

Tags:
  2. choucove

choucove Active Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I did some research recently into some of the different NAS devices available and actually ended up choosing the HP HomeMedia LX195 media server. It's not really a NAS, but a basic file server. I was really quite impressed with it, especially for the cost since it is about the same as an entry-level NAS.

As for actual NAS devices, I have not really owned one myself to give first-hand advice, but I have heard good things about Thecus NAS devices.