• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

National account for Goodwill, any ideas?

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Not sure, but up until about a year ago, they had a large in-house sign shop that handled in-house signage and POP stuff in Nashville. Not the channel letters and cabinet signs though.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I think they have their own printing division from donated printers.

I actually give Goodwill over $5k/ year in donations, so maybe they'll let me know if I ask.

Oh wait, it's for ams? I will keep the info to myself.

letterman7

A local guy near me does the tri-state area as far as I know. I've done some on-site surveys for him in years past. I don't think Goodwill has a single national supplier.

equippaint

I think they have their own printing division from donated printers.

I actually give Goodwill over $5k/ year in donations, so maybe they'll let me know if I ask.

Oh wait, it's for ams? I will keep the info to myself.
Why give them money? Its a non profit thrift store that sells its donated merchandise and does nothing for anyone. People think its helping homeless or needy, it doesn't. They are worse than the United Way.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I don't think all the Goodwills are the same...

"Goodwill operates as a network of independent, community-based organizations"

equippaint

I don't think all the Goodwills are the same...

"Goodwill operates as a network of independent, community-based organizations"
They are all the same and are independent stores just like walmart. "community" is one of those feel good marketing buzzwords that is meaningful in name only. Look them up on charitywatch, then redcross and united way.
When was the last time you heard of goodwill showing up at a disaster area with clothing for people?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
They are all the same and are independent stores just like walmart. "community" is one of those feel good marketing buzzwords that is meaningful in name only. Look them up on charitywatch, then redcross and united way.
When was the last time you heard of goodwill showing up at a disaster area with clothing for people?

I thought independent meant they are not all the same nationally. Like here it's called "Goodwill Industries of East Texas" and they have a few stores around here.

I don't really see the Goodwill doing anything other then operating a resale store. I mean, Habitat builds houses, the food bank gives out food, churches run soup kitchens / food banks....but what is Goodwill doing other then paying a few employees minimum wage to sort though free merchandise?

equippaint

I thought independent meant they are not all the same nationally. Like here it's called "Goodwill Industries of East Texas" and they have a few stores around here.

I don't really see the Goodwill doing anything other then operating a resale store. I mean, Habitat builds houses, the food bank gives out food, churches run soup kitchens / food banks....but what is Goodwill doing other then paying a few employees minimum wage to sort though free merchandise?
Its all the same company at the end of the day. And yea, that is exactly my point. Selling donated merchandise is not charity nor is hiring handicap at discounted rates. I dont get it but I also dont get how a hospital is non-profit either. Im a whole lot closer to non profit than any of these companies.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Not sure, but up until about a year ago, they had a large in-house sign shop that handled in-house signage and POP stuff in Nashville. Not the channel letters and cabinet signs though.
Yep, they have a huge one in Dallas too. Almost went to work there, running production and training Vets coming out of the service. Unfortunately, the pay being offered did not fit my needs at the time.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working

That blew my mind...but you're right. You'd think if they did show up they would have their logo plastered everywhere for publicity.

JB

visual800

We have bid a couple jobs for them in our area and dealt with home office in our area. They are very aggravating to deal with and if there is one thing they are looking for is CHEAP. Whatever plans they ask you to bid on is not what they end up with and we finally told them to just quit calling us. I would assume each region has its own office handling signs

ams

We have bid a couple jobs for them in our area and dealt with home office in our area. They are very aggravating to deal with and if there is one thing they are looking for is CHEAP. Whatever plans they ask you to bid on is not what they end up with and we finally told them to just quit calling us. I would assume each region has its own office handling signs

I think the higher ups go cheap so that they profit more and make a higher salary.