• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

National sign installer database

csudman

I've been looking through the archive and haven't really found anything. We are working on contract with a Franchise to fabricate and contract installation for signs across the country, is there such a thing as this database? Otherwise, what's the best way to source and vet an installer when I'm 1000 miles away?

Thanks for the answers in advance.

CanuckSigns

Good luck. One of our wholesale clients had a similar job 2 years ago, he's still cleaning up the mess left by some of the installers, the logistics alone and being the point of contact for all locations almost put him in an early grave.

I have a hard enough time getting 1 installer to show up on time and do what they say they will, I can't imagine trying to manage multiple

csudman

One of my biggest concerns is them going after my clients. Is it unreasonable to request a non compete with these installers?

J Hill Designs

One of my biggest concerns is them going after my clients. Is it unreasonable to request a non compete with these installers?

my company does install only (rather permit/install mostly) work quite a bit, and we get found on signsearch.com as said above. NDA/non-compete (if worded correctly) is never an issue for me.

csudman

Do they request you do the work in unbranded trucks/uniforms? I've had that request.

my company does install only (rather permit/install mostly) work quite a bit, and we get found on signsearch.com as said above. NDA/non-compete (if worded correctly) is never an issue for me.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I would also recommend signsearch. I primarily provide installation services and have been asked on more than one occasion to wear unbranded clothing (I don't anyway) and if my vehicle was branded (it's not) to park away from the install location or in a way so it wasn't visible from the customers viewpoint.

I have no issues a non-compete.

Jwalk

On theory I agree with non compete but in the real world it isn't always practical. That being said I have had guys as employees when I go for a phone call or something try to cut my grass, come on have some class. I guess what I'm saying is keep it classy.