Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCAA, NBA & NHL Swag...who's got a boat load?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by James Burke, Mar 12, 2020.

1. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Just wondering about all the people that were geared up to print t-shirts and the myriad of assorted NCAA, NBA and NHL swag...

Months of planning and going out on a financial limb to procure contracts and inventory, and now this.

Any S101 member horror stories out there? I have to believe that the travel, hospitality and residual industries (restaurants, gas stations, etc...) are not having a good day today.

JB

Tags:
  2. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    We deal with alot of event companies... From carnivals, to banks, to vendors, to expos... They are all in panic mode. 1 client of mine just lost close to 50 million dollars on the closure of Houston Rodeo.

• OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  3. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
  4. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    It's a 400+ million dollar event for Houston.

There was a statistic I saw earlier today, that over 100 Billion Dollars in events have been cancelled. This panic is going to cause a tidal wave of economic failure, all over misplaced fear.

• Agree Agree x 3