• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

(near) End of roll issues with Banner

OADesign

Hi All,

So we have been using Pro-Ban (low cost 13oz digital banner) for some time now. We have swaped for similar media here and there. But mostly we print on the same stuff for your average short term banner.

Here is the problem. I like to load up and let the machine go unattended. But with out fail when we get down to the last say 20 feet or so, the media has a tendency to stick to itself. Often causing banding. But sometimes it sticks so hard that it picks up the roll causing head strikes.

Have any of you experienced this?
Any solutions?

We like the price point (no jokes about cheap material lol)
I've tried to pre-feed the media but A) it a PIA and B) you run the risk of contaminating the media.

I appreciate and tips you may have.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0272.jpg
    IMAG0272.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 59

idsignsil

I have tried 3 different brands of 13oz cheaper banner, (yes they are all made in china by the same company I am sure), but I have just found that it is best to watch it and roll out slack in the back. It sucks, but at least I can see the printer from my desk and keep an eye on it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When ya get down to the last 30' or so...... pull it out by hand and think smarter than the machine. Take the tension off, that's all.

OADesign

what about jokes concerning your media storage? :ROFLMAO:

kidding, and I have no advice. I always just roll out slack

Ah you caught that. But FYI its not new/good media. Its a bunch of old 30" stuff from our (long gone) sp300. For some reason a few folks around here think that one day we will find a need for it. Believe me. that rack moves an inch closer to the dumpster every day. lol